Tinted headlight cover

jusmoov

Registered
I saw a pict of a Busa on the Veltune site with a headlight cover on it, the bike was black so it looked pretty cool. Anybody ever come across one of these.

bump.gif

I saw a couple on ebay during the past few weeks ... they went pretty fast though ... keep a lookout there and get in touch with that vendor.

I used to have one that was made by Pyramid. I lost it and have been meaning to track down another one. I bought it from Carbotex, but I believe they are now out of business. Pyramid is in the UK and has a website, but I have not ordered directly from them.

Be careful, they are too dark at night. It is easy to remove them, but then you have to carry it around.

Or you can buy a clear cover from Ventura Systems and stick a viny covering on it from Moto-Parts like this one. The thousands of holes in the covering minimizes the effect on the headlight's illumination.

IMGP0298.JPG

I personally think they would only be good for daytime riding or show only. Cause even though there is wholes in it for light to shine through, the peice is still only half holes and half covered. So all in all your cutting your lights capability to shine down by about i'd say at least 30-40%. Figure half holes and Half viynl it will cut your shine ratio down by a pretty good amount... I'm thinking about getting a cover to paint fully for at shows.

skull2_1_.gif

Theres a Pyramid  also located in NY the sells different colors light cover. Heres a photo of my first Busa 01 Pimpn a blue light cover.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104846739 -->

Rhythm_123.jpg

hey Rhythm nice bike what was the name of the shop in ny and is that where you got those covers for the turn signals by the way bitchin bike

hey Rhythm nice bike what was the name of the shop in ny and is that where you got those covers for the turn signals by the way bitchin bike[/QUOTE]

I got the lid from a company called stickerpatch.com and the turn signals are just covered with peforated chrome vinly. If you you decide to go this route with the turn signal, just use a heat gun or hair drying heat gun to help stretch the material because the beyyyyootch is gonna wanna bind up on you. After you get it on, just apply a dab of fingernail polish to the edges of the material onto the plastic surface of the lens so that is doesnt lift up later on down the line.

Herez the link for Powerbronze aka StickerPatch .  I dont see the Light Lids advertised, so you might want to call one of their local retailer from one their authorized dealer.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104992180 -->

Attachments

• mainlinks.htm
    8.9 KB · Views: 162
Finally got it, but badly pixelated.... pretty sure Cap lowered the max picture upload size....hard to post quality at less than 20k

Rhythms rear end
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|monsterspeedfreak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104998397 -->

Good lQQkn out,Pimp Jiuce, gotta go and take care some bizniz right now.

Holla
Ty

Finally got it, but badly pixelated.... pretty sure Cap lowered the max picture upload size....hard to post quality at less than 20k

Rhythms rear end
tounge.gif
Not trying to jack the thread, but I'm looking for pics of the new bike.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105012244 -->

Not trying to jack the thread, but I'm looking for pics of the new bike. [/QUOTE]

She been have'n a bad hair day for the last couple of months.  
laugh.gif
. Seriously Ken, Medusa has been stripped down ever since I started stripping the rims when I began polishing the rear rim. The rear end is basically completely removed along with the front tire and all plastic.  Last week I bought a pretty slick stand up manual tire changer from Harbor freight and tools to remove the tire on the rear along with the bearing removal I did with the help from my boy Monster Freak aka BIll and Golden Child.    I'll probably start on the front tire this weekend
rock.gif
.  Currently I'm stuck on stupid trying to choose  what type of  finish I'll will go with on the rims (chrome or powder coat) thanks to CLRWTR sweet azz lQQKn white rim
biggrin.gif
.  Also I'm doing some finishing touches to the sound system on Medusa as well. Along with a few other personal fabricated goodies I working on.   Now I'm just trying to muster up enough energy to get my butt back in the lab because I've been real busy here lately with my daughter getting married , holidays and entaining family from out of town and if that didnt put sugar in my tank , in a couple of days I be in Alca Poco chilln on a well deserve vacation with my cutie pie . So dont worry Playa, I post plenty of photos when I get my baby back together.

Holla
Ty
tounge.gif

I here 'ya, Pimp. I haven't posted any pics of Baby J in a while because she has been going through sort of a menopausal state and needed some aftermarket work. I can wait because I know Medusa will be the queen of the party when you're done with her.

Hey i thought you were supposed to let me know how the tire changer worked
mad.gif

Back