Time for Pops to retire.

BigDawg_03Busa

Registered
I'm proud to say I honestly have one of the most caring, loving & gentle fathers anyone could ask for. He has been nothing but perfect in the way he beat me & my siblings down to how he raised my brothers and myself to be men. He finally gets to quit working like a dog after 30+ years of working 2 jobs to support his family. So here's to my pops #1 Dad in the World. Below are the words to the card I bought him:

MY DAD IS MY HERO
The world has many heros
who have won a world of fame.
Heroes who have given their all
to win in life's great game.
But of all the famous heroes
that our changing world has had,
There's not a one I look up to
or admire more than my dad.
To me, my dad's a hero,
though he'd turn away from praise.
He's heroic inhis quiet strength
and his gentle, giving ways.
He may not make the headlines.
you won't see him on TV.
But I think my dad is everything
a hero ought to be.
He always keep his promises,
on that I can depend.
He's loyal to me, no matter what,
and he'll always be my friend.
So when I think of heroes
and the great things they've done,
I feel the way that I've always felt-
My dad's the greatest one.

Couldn't have been put more perfectly. If I'm 1/2 the father and husband my dad has been I'll still be doin okay.

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083208837 -->

Pops_sm.jpg

Wow man ... congrats to your father. Sounds like all of his hard work has paid off and he can shift gears and take it easy now. It is very touching that you honor him the way that you do ... respect and honor is the highest reward we can give our parents. Thanks for sharing the good news with us.

DJ

DJsBanner.jpg

Thanks sage, funny you should be the first to reply. After a few posts and pms from Adonis sounds like he has the same thing to say that I do. Congrats to you as well on a job well done. God bless.

Sounds like a great man! I know you are proud and blessed! God bless!

Thanks BigBSBusa, I've truely been blessed and I thank God for such a earthly father. I'm just praying he'll give his life to Christ, otherwise all the earthly praises are for nothing. God bless.

Big Dawg....prayin for your dad.....he is only a prayer away from the greatest retirement plan in the Universe---the mother of all 401k plans---as well as no pain, no sorrow, no tears---just a lot of joy and a heck of a mansion for all eternity.

Dawg............Because of your dad...........and Christ.......you are the man you are. Your dad sure gets a lot of credit! Some fathers can ruin their sons............yours must have instilled integrity and honor in you...........it shows in your posts. I too will pray for what you want most for him......to share eternity with you...............................

Tell him congrats from your 'busa buddys.

Dawg............Because of your dad...........and Christ.......you are the man you are.  Your dad sure gets a lot of credit!  Some fathers can ruin their sons............yours must have instilled integrity and honor in you...........it shows in your posts.  I too will pray for what you want most for him......to share eternity with you...............................

Tell him congrats from your 'busa buddys.
Thanks Scotty, very positive words and greatly appreciated. God bless.

Very inspiring and a great way to relish your Father.  Father is a very important word as well as the responsibilities that go along with it.  It's great to praise your father the way that you do because from the looks of it...it seems that he has done a fantastic job in raising you and your siblings and I'm willing to bet that that's all the thanks and praise that he would ever want.  God Bless you back...
cool.gif

Brian

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083253287 -->

Thanks Frat, I guess pops can say he's done all he can and that's a fact.

Forgot to mention Tues was his 58th Birthday too. So we've got 2 things to celebrate this week (B-day & retirement).

Big congrats.. and Happy B'day to your Pops, Bigdawg!!
Sounds like he's done a great job as a father and a man~
Looks to me like you are doing just as good~
wink.gif

that's excellent news...far too many black families go fatherless...it is always good to hear about the ones who are able not only to stick things out, but remain responsible and loyal, and who work hard to provide...

congrats to him, and you...that's wassup...

Awesome! There is nothing more important in this life for a man than to be blessed to be a father and a husband. And those that honor these gifts thruought life deserve the utmost praise. That is class, all the way. Congrats to your pop!

Congrats to your Dad BigDawg!!! Sounds like he's got some very well deserved time off...I hope he's got plenty of fun things planned! Retirement should be the biggest vacation of your life! You work hard, you provide for your family, you raise your kids properly and now you get to sit back and enjoy it all...

And it's great to see you offer up so many kind words about your father...I'm sure it means a lot to him...best wishes to him from everyone at h.org!
smile.gif

All I got to say is this...Since "Big Daddy" ain't got nothing to do throw him the keys to the Busa...
biggrin.gif
evil.gif

Back