Throttle?

Deuce_C15s

Registered
I've searched the forum but can't seem to come across anything. I'm looking to lessen the twist of my throttle. I thought I read where someone used the throttle off of an R6 but I can't find it. I did look at a cycle pirates race setup but don't really like it. It doesn't work with the factory switch housing and doesn't come with another. Does the Gen II have a two piece setup on the throttle side or is it one piece like the Gen I?

You can use the r6 tube, it will take a little bit of work to make it fit though. You have to clear some of the plastic out that is inside the switch housing. If you use the r1 tube it is a direct replacement and needs no modifications to use it

"Depends, the R6 tube is quicker than the R1 tube. Quicker to the point of twitchy maybe? I'm not sure. The R1 tube for me was just right, but if you have less flexibility in your wrist than I do then the R6 would be for you.

They're like $12 each, I'm considering getting an R6 tube to see what the difference is." THIS IS A CUT AND PASTE from SKnight.........

I put the R1 on , no problems but was a little dissapointed in the amount it changed. I might order the R1 and try it.

sanket_420 said:
any specific reason as to why you looking to lessen the throttle? just curious.

Less effort to go WOT. I feel that if I can lessen my ratio I can get the motor to its power range faster. GP racers run different ratio throttle cams depending on which track they're at.

Back