Gen 1 Throttle housing

Commuta_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
Wasn't sure where to put this... I need the throttle housing for a Gen 1 busa. Anyone have one lying around that they're looking to part with? :please:

I don't need the throttle tube, cables or anything else. Just the housing. Of course if needed I'll take that whole thing as well.

did you break the pin that keeps it from spinning? I know a guy who makes a steel pin that replaces the plastic on so it wont break off again.

dolilind, can you tell me more about this steel pin? I cut mine off when going to the LSL bar kit and now the switch housing rotates too much.
Thanks.
-Jim

dolilind, can you tell me more about this steel pin? I cut mine off when going to the LSL bar kit and now the switch housing rotates too much.
Thanks.
-Jim

The guy that built my motor had to make me a pin. Inside the factory housing there is just a small plastic pin that sits in a small hole to keep it all from spinning. I have yet to see a busa that has had it broke or on its way to being there. Even at the dealer ive seen them on the floor broken from being crated up. Most people dont realize its broke but most dont wrap the hell outta the throttle to see it move.
The guy that fixed mine and fixes a bunch of them is working at FAST LANE CYCLES in indianapolis. He might be able to help you out, they also build some bas ass drag bikes so even swapping bars they have done. Give them a call, ask for Billy 317-247-8088. He is a tech there. Marc is the owner and its really hard to get info out of him so i would talk to billy. Tell him that Darrell with the green and white busa told you about them

yup, I ate my wheaties sunday morning and gorilla'd my throttle till the plastic pin broke off. :duh: This is just a temporary fix for me so I really don't need a steel pin. I'll be changing things up this winter any how... :oops:.

did you break the pin that keeps it from spinning? I know a guy who makes a steel pin that replaces the plastic on so it wont break off again.

I recently did the same thing. Scared the crap out of me, I was at speed so it kinda startled me. Good luck finding one.

Back