throttle problem on a new bike i purchased

G_whip

Registered
the cable is still connected to the grip but all it dose is wrap and unwrap im new to this whole bike thing and yes this is my first bike i know a lot of ppl told me i was stupid so i dont need to hear that but i am savy with motors just trying to save time i think it has come disconnected from the throttle body some how is this a common problem and how do i fix it i dont have a pdf and im scared to rip this bike apart with out knowing what im getting my self into... thanks

:welcome: Should be able to see if the cables, if not I think if you take off the right side fairing should be able to see whats going on when you twist the throttle. But you are going to have to look at it :poke: cover comes off quickly

Last edited:
just lift the tank . take seat off and the two bolts up by the tripple tree on the gas tank and it will lift up.. then on the right side u will see the throttle cables.. probably came loose

yea i dont know anything about bikes and i thought i was buying something amazing but i hope this is the only problem I paid 6500 for the bike most of the parts need to be rechromed but i figured that it was a good buy because i didnt have to pay for all the aftermarket stuff already on it the front fairing has a crack but thats it it also has 4500 miles and its an 05
bike.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
found out what it was the plastic that the grip screws to broke where the cable seats so it popped out . gonna go buy a new one this weekend

Back