Throttle meister

Busa1166

Donating Member
Registered
Thanks Tim they just got here they look really nice :thumbsup:

Going to try an install them now. Had the day off an got to spend the day riding with my niece.. was nice to find them at home waiting for me...

Ordered on friday night shipped on Monday here on Wednsday very nice:bowdown::bowdown:

Last edited:
You will like them!

Levers 002.jpg

Are they just bar ends or do they serve another purpose?

The throttle end will twist down and lock the throttle open like a cruise control device nice for longer rides when your wrist needs a break.

Thanks Tim they just got here they look really nice :thumbsup:

Ordered on friday night shipped on Monday here on Wednesday very nice:bowdown::bowdown:

Thanks great Manny! Glad you like them. :beerchug:

Are they just bar ends or do they serve another purpose?

Jason, the Throttlemeister is a throttle lock. It's a very well-known product in the community with 15+ years on the market. Technically, they don't actually lock anything, they simply equalize the pressure from the throttle return springs. But if you love to ride, they'll allow you to relax your hand vs. having to hold the throttle open all day long = sore hand at end of day.

All they do is replace the bar ends, and also function as dual-duty with dampning any vibration in the bars the bike may be producing. They come in silver or black, and a standard or heavy.

More info and pics here:

Buy Now: Throttlemeister Throttle Lock for Motorcycles | PashnitMoto.com

sizes_1_430.jpg

finish_choices_800.jpg

sizes_1_430.jpg

finish_choices_800.jpg

Hi,

Can someone can explain me how it did it, because I have a busa04, and i can't install the friction sleeve directly. It's look like i should file/cut a part on my throttle under.
Before do it i would like know you experience for the installation

Thank you

Xavier

I installed a set on my '06 and yes, you have to grind, file or sand the nylon/plastic that retains the rubber grip to get it installed. Instructions should detail this I think?

Thank you to twotonevert and later dmrowe to replied me.
Yes like both of you i had to cute/file/sand the nylon/plastic for be able to install it.

After this it was very easy install it, i didn't need the shim.

I agree with dmrowe, the instruction should say it, or just but a note for Hayabusa users.
Now i should see on the road out it work, find and empty speedway for take some training.

Thank guys.

Hey guys! Opening up an old thread.

I installed my TM the other day, but haven't been out riding with it due to Winter time.

I know the instructions say to cut/file/sand the plastic ridge away from the original handle. I'm just hesitant with that part since I would appreciate avoiding doing destructive changes to the bike. So for now I have installed it without the rubber sleeve and it seems to work fine: No intrusion when OFF and locks it nicely in place when ON, without completely locking the handle.

Am i completely wrong here? Am I missing a major point? Or will it just not work properly when I start riding?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

If it works for you roll with it. When I installed mine I was changing grips as well so that ridge had to go anyway. I do know that with the sleeve it works like a dream. I love it.

Here are my longer ones with black finish. They serve two functions, throttle lock and dampen vibrations on the bars.

IMG_0256.JPG

Back