Throttle Meister Cruise

Copperone

One of the Few, the proud -
Donating Member
Registered
I just got my Throttle Meister cruise contorl. Very easy instalation, and makes any trip on the super slap a lot easier to deal with. A definate wrist saver. A bit pricey, but a quality item that replaces both bar ends, and it looks like it belongs on the bike. Any how, just thought I'd pass that along for anyone interested in a solution to a sore wrist on those long trips.

thanks Copperone.. I have one or two long trips planned this summer and was contemplating this. I'll definately check it out now.

Glad to pass on the information. They are a little pricey, but definately a class act, and very functional.

I have them on my Ducati too. Definately easy on wrist.

I have one too and I must admit it really helps the old wrist on the long trips... One thing I always check for when I get on the bike is that it is turned all the way off... I got on the other day and it had been turned to the on position and when I took off I almost ran a stop sign into cross traffic because the bike didn't stop.... Whooops, forgot to check that time!!

Definitely an asset though, and they look good......

Lo

I have them installed on both my bikes a definite benefit I got the polished for the FJR and the chrome for the BUSA the chrome loks much better.

They are definately a quality item. But as you said Lo Busa, ya definately gotta check and make sure they're all the way off.

I have one on My Triumph Trophy, It's a Quality Part that works great. Checking to make sure It's off is very good advice. The only other thing that I've had happen was I turned it on about 1/2 friction by accident right before I hit a sharp corner and I woke me right up.

The only problem I've ever had was that I had to change the little shims a couple of times on the Ducati. For some reason, the throttle kept tighting up. But I finally got that sorted out. The one I installed on the Busa is a better fit. So, I don't expect there to be a problem with it.

My problem is that when I'm droning down the hiway I tend to put my hands over the barend. Thats how I partialy engaged My throttlemeister.

What a bunch of lazy Throttle Meister Junkies! Kidding.... I do alot of cruising and really thinking about gettin some cruise control. So it seems this throttle meister brand is working for everyone.

I took a look at the mfg's website.. they have a std and a 'heavy' version. I'm curious.. if you have a Throttle meister, which one do you have (std or heavy)? Will the 2 ounces between std and heavy really make a difference on the 'busa???

My friend loves his. I wanted one but after checking price I did the tab bend on the fast idle and can cruise as fast as 90. I was not aware of the accidental engagement issue. Kinda happy I didn't spend the money now. Don't get me wrong I've seen the product up close and it looks first rate just pricey.

I have a standard throttlemeister and it was an easy install and looks pretty good. I haven't had the nerve to use it but once or twice. I think I'm just leery of giving up throttle control, but maybe I just don't get far enough out that nearby cars don't make me nervous.

I find the throttle rocker very useful, however, and I think they should pretty much be standard equipment on all bikes.

loving my miesters..... good for those 100mi + trips with long straights.

Using the standard vs the heavy duty on the busa really doesn't make any difference. I think the heavy duty was $15 more. I have the standard on both the Ducati and the Busa.

I'm realizing that I might need to get some help with the wrist fatigue and pain as well...trips over 5 hours or so, especially in traffic, seem to really hurt...

I'm going to take a look at Postal's in Lynchburg in a week, see if it's something I can use...
cool.gif

I love mine... I use it to do my iron cross pose on the highway. I have recently been jumping onto the seat too. While on the seat, I can stand holding the bars a bit... But, I am frightened of letting them go at 50+MPH... I guess I will have to work up to that manuever!
wink.gif

Back