Throttle body sync

Acesmike

Registered
Hey everybody,
I tried a search on the new 08 and am not coming up with the best results. I have about 3900 miles on my 08 and have yet to do a TB sync. The bike is a bit jittery at low rpms (especially with full R77 and no PC). Can anyone point me in the right direction to doing it myself? Do I need a computer to update the PC module? How did you get yours done? Ive done all my own service so far.
Thanks!

Haven't done an '08. If I understand, correctly, it's way different and more complex than the Gen 1.

Good luck.

--Wag--

tiptoe.gif
lurk.gif

Ill scan the pages tomorrow when I get into work.  Here are the steps according to the service manual.
1.  Lift and support the fuel tank
2.  Disconnect the respective vacuum hoses from each vacuum nipple on the throttle body.
3.  Disconnect the IAP sensor coupler
4.  Connect the respective vacuum tester hoses to each vacuum nipple.
5.  Set up the SDS tool
6.  Start the engine.
7.  Click "Date monitor"
8.  Warm the engine (Engine collant temp. more than 70 degrees C or 158 degrees F)
9.  Click "Active Control" on SDS
10.  Click "ISC air volume control"
11 "Click "ON button to fix the ISC air volume of four cylinders.
12  Check for the synchronization of vacuume from #1 to #4 cylinders.
13.  Equalize the vacuum of the cylinders by turning each air screw and keep it running at idling speed.
14.  If the adjustment is not yet correct, remove each air screw and clean them with a spray type carb cleaner and blow dry with a compressed air.  Also, clean the air screw passageways.
15.  Repeat the procedures from 6 to 13
16. Close the SDS tool and turn the ignition switch off.
17 disconnect the vacuum tester and reinstall the removed parts.
After completing the throttle valve sync clear the DTC and reset the ISC learned valve using the SDS tool.  Refer to the "ISC Valve Preset and Opening Initialization in Section 1C page 1C-9"

It has pictures as well but that is the general idea of it. Doesn't sound like what I have seen as far as syncing most motorcycles.
Should be interesting.

by the way, for an 08, this is supposed to be doneat 7500, 14500..... miles

Thank you. I have the download of the manual. The whole SDS tool is new to me and Im pretty sure my local stealership isn't going to do it right.

Back