THREADED BOLT

gaz"sbird

Registered
AFTER SOME MAINTENANCE I REPLACED MY LOWER FAIRING ( THE BIGGEST PIECE )THE MIDDLE BOLT THAT SCREWS INTO THE CHASSIS THIS ALWAYS TO SEEM TIGHT I THOUGHT DUE TO THE RUBBER BUSH SURROUNDING IT BUT IT WAS CROSS THREADED AND I STRIPPED IT.
BUT NOT THE BOLT IT WAS THE PIECE IN THE CHASSIS DOES ANYONE HAVE A PART NUMBER OR SOLUTION AS I'M NOT HAPPY HAVING A LOOSE BOLT IN MY PLASTICS

Since it is put into the aluminum frame...I would <span style='color:red'>assume</span> its a HELI-coil.  Havn't personally gone out to check.  The coil threads into the frame, then the bolt into the coil. The coil is made or steel or other hard alloy so it doesn't wearout.  If the bolts were threaded staight into the aluminum, the hole would wearout or get stripped very quick. (that's a big problem)

Repair should be pretty straight forward.  The old coil can be gently pulled out.  Then clean the threads in the frame with the correct tap for the coil.  Use a T-handled type holder and do it by hand.  You will  be less likely to damage the threads vs using a drill.  Then, thread the coil into the hole until the coil is just recessed in the hole. You will be good to go after that.

The key to this is having the proper tools to do the job.

The bolt thread.....don't take my word on this, it's by visual memory...... looked like a 4 X 1.25M.

Hope this helps...

Back