Fairing Bolt removal - 2 stuck

I've torn down about 50-60 Busas, never had a bolt I needed to drill out.
Let me know what you need as for replacements (bolts grommets whatever) so I can get them out to your door asap.

NEVER use wd40 around these fairings. It will screw up your paint.

yes you could use antiseize, BUT it could get messy. I personally just don't over tighten them
umnik.gif

I've torn down about 50-60 Busas, never had a bolt I needed to drill out.
Let me know what you need as for replacements (bolts grommets whatever) so I can get them out to your door asap.

NEVER use wd40 around these fairings. It will screw up your paint.

yes you could use antiseize, BUT it could get messy. I personally just don't over tighten them
umnik.gif
Thanks for the offer, greatly apprecieate it.

Already have the spare bolts..

I only have two I need to replace, I bought three from my local dealer.

The first bolt I drilled out, I was able to do it so well that I not only did not even touch the plastic, but I did not even smudge the rubber grommet..

That is why I am taking my time with the second one. Should be able to do the same (hopefully (fingers and eyes crossed
smile.gif
))

But thank you again for the offer... if I do run into additonal needs I will keep the offer in mind
wink.gif

Dang!! you have torn down 50-60 Busa's!! you probably could do it in your sleep !!
smile.gif

the mechanic at my dealership told me the same thing, he said he has NEVER had a bolt he could not get out..

I either have bad luck, or I suck and getting bolts out
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

Got them out. both my side fairings are off now..

And there is no way those bolts would have come out without drilling.. I don't care who tried it.

Once I got the fairing off, there was about an inch of bolt for me to grab on. I used a big pair of vice grips, had it tightened down, twisted and it slipped, tightened some more, twisted, they slipped. 3rd time cranked it down real hard, had to have a wide open grip and squeezed the vice grips shut.

And then it took a good amount of torque to twist it out. As soon as it broke loose I heard and felt a small quick pop.

The bottom bold ended up requiring a dremel tool using a tungsten carbide high-speed cutter to finish cutting the head off, the stupid drill bit for some reason went off center.

I had a small pilot hole drilled right in the center, but the large drill bit went off center.

Anyway, all off, now I can change the oil, spark plugs, do my air box mod, start working on my exhaust mod. My "TOP SECRET" exhaust mod might I add.

If it works I will be putting a patent out on the sucker.

Back