This always makes me laugh...

StwBusa

Banned
I get asked the question from time to time....

Did you buy your Bike to save money on gas??? That's a question that cracks me up.. I mean based on the absurd costs of things for bikes and the clothing etc my bike would have to do 500 miles to a gallon of gas to make it "cost" effective...

We here all know why we buy bikes...Right??? They are a blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beerchug::cheerleader::cheerleader:

+1 I got the bike cause I like to go fast... that's why we buy em then we figure out they are pretty versitile too so they become our main ride. and the question I get a lot is "how fast does it go?" ???

I tell people who say, "it must be good on gas" that I like it when gas gets over 1.15$ a liter, other wise it just seems wrong to be paying more for tires than for gas.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

cheers
ken

You know it's funny you ask that question. I'm 49, no young pup. I don't know how many times I've been asked: What the hell you doing with that thing.

amen Bruce all my riding buddies from back in the day have Harleys and say I just haven't grown up yet.

49 ??? Gee-Whiz Bruce, you're a youngster..LOL..!!
I'll be 66 here shortly and I get out on that big girl and light the wick on her quite often.
Yeah, I get asked all the time, "how fast will it go". Don't think I've ever been asked about the gas mileage.

amen Bruce all my riding buddies from back in the day have Harleys and say I just haven't grown up yet.

Im 52 so I am in the demographic too... It amazes me how Harley riders think they are soooooo much wiser and better than us Sport-Bike riders...

They pay an awful lot of money for that "privilege"

I live in a town that has the Forbidden Wheels MC in it (right down my street) and I used to ride a harley so I get lots of invites which I now go to on my sport bike. You should see some of the looks I get rolling into these places on a Sport bike.

The question I get more often then not is "when you gonna get a real bike"?

My answer is I have an engine and two wheels it is a real bike, when you gonna get a mature bike, your 73 HP is like in elementary school compared to my 172 college grad.

They never like that.

Another time I was on a "Ride for Kids" Charity ride and a dude on a Dyna had straight pipes next to me. He asked me the same question and started to rev his bike. I had a full face on so I revved mine(had D and Ds at the time) and I drowned him out. It was awesome watching his buddies Laugh there butts of at him. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

One of my friends wanted to buy a bike and ask me, Is the bike good on gas milage? I reply, Oh yeah it is. He end up buying a bike and we start riding so much that one day he told me... I like the bike cause is cheaper on gas than my car, but we are riding so much that im spending more in gas that I have ever spend on my car, you didnt tell me riding was so addicting. I laugh. :laugh:

I hate to say it but it seems, according to this forum, that the majority of our .org members are 45+. Just an observation.
-MOVING ON-
I get the question all the time, "How fast have you gotten it?" to which i reply "so fast i cant move my eyes to look at the speedo without catching draft and changing trajectory."
As a side note, i get better gas mileage in my car.

Im 52 so I am in the demographic too... It amazes me how Harley riders think they are soooooo much wiser and better than us Sport-Bike riders...

They pay an awful lot of money for that "privilege"

In case you did not know, there are a few Busa riders here who also have a Harley/Cruiser/Metric. :moon:

I bought my Busa for the milage and added the Turbo "cause it burn the fuel more efficiently so it is greener" "Also the check is in the mail," "It is only a cold sore" and " I would never do that in your mouth"

Back