Thinking of seling the Busa because :

Thanks for all the replies, advise and prayers !!!! I should have been a little more clear, The kid that hit my family was driving an SUV..... not a bike... My Girl was in a Caviler..
Yea , I'm strapped for cash and usually dont live above my means ..I am usually an overseas contractor / but things have slowed down a bit.. I am also self employed and to have health insurance is very very costly... I do have a vette payment and thats basically all I owe on , all other bills are general bills , lights , phone etc.. Since I am self employed I have to bid against other in my trade and living in a small country town usually means some competition especially with the economy.. I have applied to get on the Rail Road. But now that I'll have to help my girl get back on her feet that might throw a wrench into that plan... Everything's just kind of a lil crazy lately.. I usually deal with stress pretty good, but lately its starting to get on my nerves :) Anyway Thanks for the replies and prayers..

Hey bro, whats your trade. I am a overseas contractor. I am pretty sure we are hiring and I am in middle management and once your fams back on there feet, getting back over here could get you back on track. I could prolly get you on if you want, when that time comes. Just let me know bro.

I work at the MSF in kuwait.

Best wishes to your loved ones. As for the Busa, the advice has already been given and see it the same way. Cover her up, let her sit for a while and if you still feel you do not want her, sell it. It is a personal decision that only you can make. If you are not happy owning/riding the bike, what is the point?

sad. too close to home. i'd probably have a had time getting back on my bike after such an incident. But like others have said, if you need the money, sell it. other than that, store it away for now. Hope for a speedy full recovery

Good advise! I would like to add an accident can happen at anytime, regardless of your mode of transportation. The important part is knowing your vulnerability, that being no health insurance. Perhaps obtaining some basic coverage is an option by selling stuff or prioritizing your current expenditures, habits, etc....

These unexpected, sudden "accidents" can really make you reflect on lots of things. Hopefully things work out for your girlfriend and her family.

Sorry to hear about the wreck..

Relax. I know your mind is going a mile a minute and a bunch of what ifs goes through your mind. It always makes you think when someone close is involved in a serious accident, its normal and ask yourself what if it was me that was involved in a bad wreck? Its natrual.
I would suggest just relax take a break from riding throw a blanket over the Ol Busa and focus on taking care of the loved ones. Later down the road after a few months rethink your decision.
Yes money and hospital bills will start flowing in. but rememeber this all things work out in time.
Best of luck, hang in there/:beerchug:

Hey , thanks again Guy . tufbusa Could be slightly correct, Not actually paranoia But knowing how many idiots are out there, and knowing just 1 slip can do me in , just makes me question " is it worth it?" , I have soo many hobbies and the gym is the main one. If I could go to the gym and do some squats I'd go NuTz:) . And yea the image of moms bones sticking thru the skin makes me ask myself Hummmm worth it?
But yea I'll take the advise and keep my Bike put up for a while.. I guess another that that go me thinking was , a friend called asking if I wanted to sell it the same week as their accident..

prayers to the family for a fast recovery . Next , as for selling the bike because of it ... dumb ! Would you stop riding the bus if one went off the road , or stop flying just because you saw a plane wreck? When its your time , its your time . Until then enjoy life as much as you can becuase the stupid nieghbor kid could be coming around the corner.

Back