Thinking of seling the Busa because :

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
Man guys, I cant believe I am entertaining the thought of selling the Busa.. Why ? My girlfriend was coming home from shopping and had her mom and dad with her ..They were coming home on a twisty , winding road called Suck Creek ( good name for it) anyway some punk was drag racing and passed in a turn.. Hit'em head on.. all 3 are in the hospital and her moms in real bad shape. Both cars are totaled My girl probably wont work for a few months, her dad will heal in 2-3 months and who knows with her mom...
it seems the Kid that hit'em was the grandson of their neighbor.. I'd bet the medical bills will be ??? 1/2 to 1 million dollars- I dont know.. Anyway I would own this kid for the next 20 years , changing their bed pans, house chores , and sleep on the porch with the dogs.....
So why am I thinking of selling the Busa ? # 1 After being in the hospital and seeing all the trama and drama -I really dont need any ... #2 I also do not have any health insurance , # 3 I dont need a # 3....
But every time I look at me bike , I just cant sell it.I mean , man I've busted to get it the way I want it .Polished frame, everything like new, Viper Blue paint, Big Bore etc etc etc..I'd never get another one like it... So sheezzzzzzz man what would you do????
I also think about If I got in a bike wreck and I dont have health insurance, my bike would be wrecked , I'd be in $$$ trouble owning the hospital and I'd loose me vette.( $16,000.00 to go ) ahhhh .I guess I'm feeling gun shy.... I hope my thread makes sense , I've been up for 3 days ...

Sorry to hear about the wreck..

Relax. I know your mind is going a mile a minute and a bunch of what ifs goes through your mind. It always makes you think when someone close is involved in a serious accident, its normal and ask yourself what if it was me that was involved in a bad wreck? Its natrual.
I would suggest just relax take a break from riding throw a blanket over the Ol Busa and focus on taking care of the loved ones. Later down the road after a few months rethink your decision.
Yes money and hospital bills will start flowing in. but rememeber this all things work out in time.
Best of luck, hang in there/:beerchug:

^^^^^solid advice right there^^^^

Best wishes for a full recovery for your girlfriend and parents:please:

Very nice advice :thumbsup:
Its normal to feel like that, just take it day by day. Speedy recovery to your family.

Lankee said it. Working in the Fire Service for over 6 years now. I've been the one on wrecks to see things and help people. Things that you couldn't imagine. However, I still ride. I ride hard and do go to the track for some fun. All things considered. It's you that you can control not other people. I try to be as safe as i can, and prepare myself through training and acquired skills to be able to make the best out of a bad situation. I've seen while in the Engine, a woman texting on her cell phone with one hand, eating an ice cream with the other, and driving with a knee. That's one thing we are ALL up against. Even the hooligans street racing. Every day is taking a chance in this world. Through Jesus Christ we can be saved. That's the main and most important thing in this life that we all have.

I'd throw a blanket over her. Pray about it. Calm yourself down.. if you need to talk to someone.. you can call me. PM me for my #. It seems as though you love riding and all that comes with it. Be with your girlfriend and her family. Love, cherish, and lift them up every day. Will be praying for you.

If you are wanting to sell the bike to have cash, I completely understand, do what you must to support your family. If you are wanting to sell the bike because of the wreck, wait a few weeks and then look at it again. I know there are several of us that have had the misfortune of being with someone we knew that had a serious wreck or fatality. I am one of them that have been there. I never once thought about selling my bike. I say that not in haste, but rather because riding is a big part of my life. It is one the things that sets my soul free, it is part of who I am. I am a cranky man to be around if there is not a bike the in garage, my wife knows this and I am thankful she shares my passion. Like others have said, pray about it. When its your turn to go, you will be called home. Until then, live your life. Love God, your family and your friends. Life is too short.

Thanks for the reply's guys.. yea selling the Busa would help with the bills , I've been working 2 jobs since August ( and I'm tired) . Now this happens , I can make my bills for maybe a month before things get drastic . But all in all I was thinking of selling the bike because well , If I wreck it, I couldnt afford to fix it right now, & I'd probably be out of work broken up & I'd then lose my vette ( which sure as H*ll aint gonna happen.. But I think you guys are right , I need to relax for a week or two and see how I feel... But honestly lately I've been working soo much and have sooo many things on the plate that I feel totally brain dead.. working 2 jobs , try and hit the gym twice a week ( seriously hard training when there/ no BS) , and studies.. 1/2 the time I'm a zombie, . Thanks for the advise .. I appreciate everything ..

May GOD bless your gf and her family and may they heal quickly.
Riding a bike is simply something you love to do, and that just comes natural.
If not, and you're second guessing yourself, it's time to walk away.
If not, your focus will never be where it should be.
I hope things work out for you.:beerchug:

quick healing and recover to all involved. Second i wouldnt sell my bike if i was you. Look at this as a lesson on what not to do. Dont drive like an idiot like that kid was. Next be glad the kid was on a bike. If he had done the same stupid move in a car your family might all be dead.

If you are wanting to sell the bike to have cash, I completely understand, do what you must to support your family. If you are wanting to sell the bike because of the wreck, wait a few weeks and then look at it again. I know there are several of us that have had the misfortune of being with someone we knew that had a serious wreck or fatality. I am one of them that have been there. I never once thought about selling my bike. I say that not in haste, but rather because riding is a big part of my life. It is one the things that sets my soul free, it is part of who I am. I am a cranky man to be around if there is not a bike the in garage, my wife knows this and I am thankful she shares my passion. Like others have said, pray about it. When its your turn to go, you will be called home. Until then, live your life. Love God, your family and your friends. Life is too short.

You said it twotonevert....

Ive been in your shoes in a sense. But everyone is right take a break focus on your Fam. Revisit the idea in a few weeks or a month. Take as long as you need !!

Many prayers go out to you and to your family for a speedy recovery !!!! Hang in there bro !!! Tons of support here from your .org Fam !!!:smile_face_r: All you need to do is ask !!!

Sorry to hear about the fam thats a rough situation, just sit down and forget about the bike for a while and concentrate on them being ok. I hope they all pull through and are ok.

Many prayers to your family. Godspeed on there recovery. Take a deep breath get some rest. Live love and trust in God. All will work out.

Thanks for the reply's guys.. yea selling the Busa would help with the bills , I've been working 2 jobs since August ( and I'm tired) . Now this happens , I can make my bills for maybe a month before things get drastic . But all in all I was thinking of selling the bike because well , If I wreck it, I couldnt afford to fix it right now, & I'd probably be out of work broken up & I'd then lose my vette ( which sure as H*ll aint gonna happen.. But I think you guys are right , I need to relax for a week or two and see how I feel... But honestly lately I've been working soo much and have sooo many things on the plate that I feel totally brain dead.. working 2 jobs , try and hit the gym twice a week ( seriously hard training when there/ no BS) , and studies.. 1/2 the time I'm a zombie, . Thanks for the advise .. I appreciate everything ..

I hate to be that guy and don't take offense but sounds like you are living outside your means. You've got a BUSA and a Vette and ZERO HEALTH INSURANCE??

Get your priorities down and the toys can come later. It doesn't have anything to do with the bike. You could be injured at work or walking across the street and be a LOT worse off than crashing your bike. If things are as tight as they sound $$$ wise, you NEED to sell the toys ASAP!

Tools and Resources - daveramsey.com

I do pray that your GF and her family feel better and heal quickly. Sorry to hear about the accident...

Remember they are just toys/possessions and can ALWAYS be replaced. You can't replace someones life...

:beerchug:

I am a biker. I am also a MD. I get to see many fallen bikers when they are probably in their worst possible state in ICU or theater. There has been many times that I ask myself if I am totally nuts and/or suicidal in getting on a bike. But then I also get to see patients involved in other types of vehicle accidents, and people fallen ill for many other reasons. In short, my point is that motorcycles are not the only dangerous thing, there are many things off a bike that can cause serious injuries. It comes down the rider - it is how they ride, and not what they ride. Wear proper gear, don't ride like hooligan, ride with your own safety in mind, and you will never get to meet me.

I forgot to add: Get health insurance. Without it, any small problem becomes a big problem, due to the level of healthcare you might need, but don't have.

Prayers sent for a speedy recovery for your family and for you to sort out your life, two jobs, working out, you need some relaxation and some time to yourself.

Here are 27 passages from the good book, chosen to lift you up.

Jer 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,†declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Rom 8:28: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Phil 4:13: I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Prov 3:5: Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Prov 3:6: in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Phil 4:6: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Acts 18:10: For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city.â€
Phil 4:7: And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Josh 1:9: Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.â€
Isa 40:31: but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Matt 6: 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
1 Pet 5:7: Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
1 Cor 10:13: No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
Matt 11:28: “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Heb 11:1: Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Heb 13:5: Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.â€
Isa 41:10: So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Matt 11:29: Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
John 16: 33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.â€
2 Tim 1:7: For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
Rom 15:13: May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
John 11:25: Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;
Heb 11:6: And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
John 5:24: “I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.
Phil 4:19: And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
John 14:27: Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
James 1:12: Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

Best regards Stretch

Sorry to hear about this.
Best wishes to your girlfriend and her mum and dad for a speedy and full recovery.

Prayers sent for a complete healing for your girlfriend and her family.

I havent read all the post, but I am sure all is good advice. Bottom line that kid is the one at fault and should never have a motorcycle ever again and maybe a license in general.

Thanks for all the replies, advise and prayers !!!! I should have been a little more clear, The kid that hit my family was driving an SUV..... not a bike... My Girl was in a Caviler..
Yea , I'm strapped for cash and usually dont live above my means ..I am usually an overseas contractor / but things have slowed down a bit.. I am also self employed and to have health insurance is very very costly... I do have a vette payment and thats basically all I owe on , all other bills are general bills , lights , phone etc.. Since I am self employed I have to bid against other in my trade and living in a small country town usually means some competition especially with the economy.. I have applied to get on the Rail Road. But now that I'll have to help my girl get back on her feet that might throw a wrench into that plan... Everything's just kind of a lil crazy lately.. I usually deal with stress pretty good, but lately its starting to get on my nerves :) Anyway Thanks for the replies and prayers..

Sorry to hear about the family. In due time it sounds like they will all make a full recovery. Thank God.
By saying what it I wreck to me that is same as saying what if I fall and crack my head while walking? You cannot plan your future based on what ifs. Get some health ins, that's a priority. Take some time to gather your thoughts and clear your head because you don't want to ride with a cloudy head. I'd keep the bike.

Back