Things to do on a rainy Saturday

Seventhlore

Registered
I installed a new Hindle exhaust system on my bike this afternoon. It was the 4 into 2 into 1. It went together fairly easy until I got to the oil cooler. (sigh) The oil cooler is touching the pipes and it lacks about 1/4" from fastening into the top brackets, but it connects on the bottom bracket. And.......I've noticed the pipe is touching the electric fan shroud. That! I can modify easily enough. Has anyone else ran into this problem?.

Common with BDE/Hindle.
EVER SO SLIGHTLY, bend the oil cooler line and use a spacer to move it out, if possible.

Haven't installed one myself, but Sleeper's suggestion is the one I've seen posted on this forum.

Common with BDE/Hindle.
EVER SO SLIGHTLY, bend the oil cooler line and use a spacer to move it out, if possible.
I think contact between pipe and oil cooler lines is common but I don't think it's common for the cooler to like 1/4 inch boltin' back up after the install. I bolted mine back together before I bent the cooler lines for clearance. Also, no contact between pipe and fan on my busa either.
rock.gif

Draycore, are you sure you seated the spigots completely into the header pipes? If not, that could cause the headers to sit forward a little. Wait, you said it was a Hindle system. You didn't mentioned BDE. Mine's a BDE Hindle so there may be a difference in fit.
rock.gif

rock.gif

The header pipes are completely against the spigots. I may have to do some trimming on the pipes themselves. (It shouldn't take much) Kinda disappointed though. As much as Hindle has been talked about, I would have figured the system to go together flawlessly.
mad.gif

You still haven't specified whether your pipe is a Brock Davidson Hindle or just a plain Hindle... So, which is it? All the hoopla you read on the forums is over the Brock Performance designed, Hindle built system, not the plain Hindle designed, Hindle built system. If it's a Brock Hindle then you should go to his forums and get help. If it's not a Brock Hindle then you should contact Hindle and see what they can do.
wink.gif

Sorry Bullet!
down.gif
This is just a plain Hindle. This morning I contacted Hindle and told them of my problem. Now I am just waiting for their reply. I really appreciate the
1zhelp.gif
help though.
bowdown.gif

Back