The ZX14

busa_boy_69

Registered
Well i was looking at Kawasakis website today and checking out the new monster. Here is what i found. I was digging through the spec chart and found one thing interesting. I still think this bike is BEYOND ugly but it comes factory with an X-RING chain. I mean it's not much but I think thats a nice little touch for someone spending ALL their money on the bike that doesn't have the extra for upgrades. That chain will last a LOT longer if taken care of properly. Just thought I'd share one upside with you all.

One little Suzuki secret. The chain you have stock on your Busa is better then most of the $150+ chains on the aftermarket!
Just a little insider FYI.

One little Suzuki secret. The chain you have stock on your Busa is better then most of the $150+ chains on the aftermarket!
I've always sorta thought that..

Never understood people taking a chain off just for the sake of putting a high priced one on..

hell.. at 14,000 miles I've checked mine and it has zero side/side play.. and has probably 2 inches of adjustment left... and that was after I changed to a 16t sprocket.

Course I also think that "gotta change the chain because you chainged the sprockets" is nonesense too..

if the chain is gonna bind up or whatever because it's going around a slightly larger/smaller sprocket... it wasn't gonna last long anyway.

Well you see I am actually speaking from experience on this one and I would differ. I didn't put my x-ring on my bike until the factory one was totally out of play. I only got 7,000 miles out of it and it was stretched beyond adjustment. I ride my busa HARD and I had always heard that with the torque the motor throws out it was notorious for stretching chains. Now before anyone assumes it was my error I CONSTANTLY kept an eye on the adjusment and lubed it abouit every 3 to 4hundred miles so the chain got the care it needed. It just seemed to be crap to me. But other people seem to have good luck with them. I know I am at 15000 miles on my bike now with the DID XRING chain I bought and I have only had to adjust it 2 times in 8,000 miles. The other one I was adjusting about every 600 miles. I am not taking anything BUT an xring anymore. My .02

I know thats right 7000 miles since march and you can't even tell, some aggresive riding in there too, go figure that one having a busa and doing aggressive riding, who'd a thunk it!!!! hahahaha

Well you see I am actually speaking from experience on this one and I would differ. I didn't put my x-ring on my bike until the factory one was totally out of play. I only got 7,000 miles out of it and it was stretched beyond adjustment. I ride my busa HARD and I had always heard that with the torque the motor throws out it was notorious for stretching chains. Now before anyone assumes it was my error I CONSTANTLY kept an eye on the adjusment and lubed it abouit every 3 to 4hundred miles so the chain got the care it needed. It just seemed to be crap to me. But other people seem to have good luck with them. I know I am at 15000 miles on my bike now with the DID XRING chain I bought and I have only had to adjust it 2 times in 8,000 miles. The other one I was adjusting about every 600 miles. I am not taking anything BUT an xring anymore. My .02
I agree. My chain was shot at 6500miles and my new chain is much better at 14,000 than the oem one ever was...

My ZRX has 13,000 on the OEm chain and it is just fine...

Back