The story of business

tx busababe

Donating Member
Registered
My story of business: After the husband got moved to Ark it's been pretty hectic for me to be running the store, restaurant, spa and try and keep up w/ the house and kids. We think it's the answer to prayers when one of my current employees comes to us w/ the proposal that they lease the restaurant. They have a farm and are trying to get into the "organic" farming business and the cafe of a health food store seems to be a good start (eggs, meat stuff like that). I'm like cool there's plenty to go around, the more the merrier. phtttt Naturally we have the initial discomfort of "your" space "my" space but I'm thinking it's gonna be all good. I start to get a clue when the day before I fly to Ark to head to Eureka she says "Not that this concerns you, but here is a menu of our new restaurant we've opened." I'm like whaaaaat? Call the husband FREAKIN out. He says don't worry Eureka's still a go. Have a GREAT time at Eureka, btw thanks for the awesome advice! I got the bushings and lowered the baby and she's very happy
smile.gif
Anyway, return home and walk back into my store to find signs posted that the restaurant will be closed for 3 months. I'm like oh #$%% no!! Call the husband FREAKIN out! What they've done is close my (leased) cafe for 3 months while they open and establish their cafe. I call "Her" up and say you can't close the cafe for 3 months. "She" say she can do whatever she wants as long as she pays rent and she won't leave. Oh #$@% no!! We start working on lawyers to get these people out of my store. This takes time and in the meanwhile the health dept lady shows up for inspection. I'm thinking hehe karma because since they leasing the cafe it's not me (for once). No, they have trashed the place so much she tells me I have 12 days to clean the place up or she will shut the entire business down for 30 days. I'm like whaaaaat! I can't even get these people out cuz waiting on the lawyers and now I have 12 days or everything is closed. Call the husband FREAKIN out!! He rushes home, kicks "them" out and we commence to gutting and re-doing the kitchen, in less than 12 days. We get it done and the health dept lady is happy w/ us and all's good, except I have no employees to work the kitchen. The moral of the story is.....ALWAYS look a gift horse in the mouth
smile.gif

smile.gif

yup WAY crafty and it nearly worked. they opened a new business, almost closed mine and caused losts of confusion w/ my customers who are still trying to figure out if i'm open or not.

Shady business. Wow! I'd probably opted for a few hollow points instead of lawyers.
Great that you worked it all out.

Jeez. Criminal ingenuity. Kudos to you and your hunny for standing up to them and retaking control of your territory.

--Wag--

Not to get in the middle of your biz but, ALL your costs x3 are recoverable....including the fee(s) to recover. Just be careful what you post in public
winkold.gif

Back