The scammers are getting intense!

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
I have had a bunch of scam spam lately claiming to be the IRS and I better send my banking info immediately ... and PayPal ones too looking real official, Beware!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning Notification

Dear kcollins ...

It has come to our attention that your PayPal® account information needs to be updated as part of our continuing commitment to protect your account and to reduce the instance of fraud on our website. If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and update your personal records you will not run into any future problems with the online service.

However, failure to update your records will result in account suspension. Please update your records before September 03, 2006.

Once you have updated your account records, your PayPal® account activity will not be interrupted and will continue as normal.

Click here to update your PayPal account information

Copyright © 1999-2006 PayPal. All rights reserved.
Information about FDIC pass-through insurance

Oh and I dont even have a paypal acct on that email addy. Stinkin spyware probly...
mad.gif

Ok Im good now I just sent all my info along with my SSN birth date adresse and DNA swab.

I got one of those too, i also got one from ebay and yahoo as well... its been just recently too!

If you look at the email properties it is some guy in Estonia... When you go to the website is www.paypal.jqyyfl something or other .com . The guy must have a bit of HTML knowledge or maybe a bootleg Hotmetal pro cd.. Funny thing is that after checking it all out and notifying Paypal security about it, I went to type Paypal into the address bar but it autocompleted to the other link. I typed in my password and hit enter then immediately realized what I did so I went to the real paypal next and changed my login. Then I cleared the history from IE and deleted all cookies and files.

Back