The ricer fly by..

slash

Registered
I rode the Busa to work Wed. I work in a suburb of Chicago and there are always ricers flying around at night in the summer kinda like mosquitoes. I used to drive a 9 second Cobra so i am more than familiar with everyone on the planet trying to test me and show me how fast their saturn with a huge fartcan is. My plate actually read "U LUZE" so I guess in a way I was asking for it.

Anyways I digress, I left work around 9pm and headed W on Golf road (a 4 lane bigger road. It is dark and this stretch is about 4 miles long. There is ALWAYS a huge police presence and there is currently alot of construction on both shoulders with excessive loose gravel everywhere.

Out the corner of my mirror i see headlights getting bigger very rapidly, I think nothing of it and continue on my way. About 3 seconds later this older civic passes me doing about 75mph, cuts in front of me and throws on his hazards for a few seconds. The ricer fly by was in full effect!

At the next red light i pull next to him throw up my visor and simply said "are you serious?". He looked at me laughed and threw me the peace sign as the light turned green and he proceeded to try to put lengths on me once again. My testosterone overcame my common sense and but about 19 bus lengths on him in about 3 seconds (we were out of the construction zone and there was no traffic. As i contemplated throwing on the hazards, i thought better and hung a right onto the eway...:rofl:

uhhh ricer fly by...whats the point of the "hazard lights' is that signifying something? sorry we live in a hick town and the only hazard lights we see are on the back of the **** wagon

Many moons ago we used the hazards to show the people at the other end of a dark lonely 2 lane road who had won. Other then breaking down that's all I have seen them used for.

actually it means we raced and you lost. it is somewhat of a victory celebration.

Not when your not racing. If you want to race someone then you hit the hazards to tell them you want to. If you win then you hit the hazards to tell them their slow.

Many moons ago we used the hazards to show the people at the other end of a dark lonely 2 lane road who had won. Other then breaking down that's all I have seen them used for.

thats where it evolved from.

funny thing is there is no doubt a vtec forum somewhere out there with a thread about how a civic with a cia and fartcan destroyed a busa...lol
Not when your not racing. If you want to race someone then you hit the hazards to tell them you want to. If you win then you hit the hazards to tell them their slow.

guess it depends on where you are from...

Last edited:
Back