The rainy season is upon me boyz...

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Need a new front,she be wore out.Latest and greatest in the wet? It need not match the rear. Yer opinions?
Rubb.

Michelin Pilot Road 3 or 4 are excellent rain tires. They tend to scallop over time but in the wet they're great.

There's a new Pilot Road 5 out but I have no experience with those. The lack of heavy siping compared to the 3 and 4 tells me that scalloping should be less of an issue but again, I have no experience with them.

I just bought a pilot road 3 a month ago for a pretty reasonable price! I wouldn't go for the 5's as they cost almost double and don't make that much of a difference!
Also - order them online - saves you tons of money! (at least it did for me compared to what the dealer offered me!)

Michelin road 5 is on mine now. You could probably just do the Power 5 instead...tiny bit cheaper, no rain slits.

Need a new front,she be wore out.Latest and greatest in the wet? It need not match the rear. Yer opinions?
Rubb.
When I had pirelli angels on mine was the only time I didn't find myself slowing way up in the rain. Got caught for the last 3 hours straight coming back to Detroit from Atlanta and some areas were really pouring. I haven't had much of a chance to try the roadsmart3 in the rain but I know they look like they'd move some water out the way.

Just my opinion, but some of the very best performers are black (and that should match the rear). Try one of those.
I went with a nice white wall. looks dope.
puke.gif

Michelin Pilot Road 3 or 4 are excellent rain tires. They tend to scallop over time but in the wet they're great.

There's a new Pilot Road 5 out but I have no experience with those. The lack of heavy siping compared to the 3 and 4 tells me that scalloping should be less of an issue but again, I have no experience with them.
I ordered the 5. Report back after I scrub it in.
You ride that turbo in the rain :D ? It must have a nice fat spread of power rubb :thumbsup:
I put a govnor on the throttle. I can only twist it 1/4 turn. Should work.
eye brow.gif

I just bought a pilot road 3 a month ago for a pretty reasonable price! I wouldn't go for the 5's as they cost almost double and don't make that much of a difference!
Also - order them online - saves you tons of money! (at least it did for me compared to what the dealer offered me!)
I get good deals thru my buddy's shop. I only ever pay cost. I get the shipping,then use his lift(my old one) and his tire machine. Mount and balance 'em myself. :thumbsup:
ride fast enough in the rain and you wont get wet....! :super:
Is that really true...
dunno.gif

I would go with actual rain grooves for sure,,,,,,,,,,If I had to ride in the rain :D
You can get great deals online on the Pilot Power front.
Tru dat.
When I had pirelli angels on mine was the only time I didn't find myself slowing way up in the rain. Got caught for the last 3 hours straight coming back to Detroit from Atlanta and some areas were really pouring. I haven't had much of a chance to try the roadsmart3 in the rain but I know they look like they'd move some water out the way.
I loved the Pirelli's I had...that was years ago. Still good thou eh...

Thanks all...see you all next summer...if I make it thru this Fall/Winter.
hide.gif

Rubb.

I went with a nice white wall. looks dope. View attachment 1627207

I ordered the 5. Report back after I scrub it in.

I put a govnor on the throttle. I can only twist it 1/4 turn. Should work. View attachment 1627208

I get good deals thru my buddy's shop. I only ever pay cost. I get the shipping,then use his lift(my old one) and his tire machine. Mount and balance 'em myself. :thumbsup:

Is that really true...View attachment 1627209

Tru dat.

I loved the Pirelli's I had...that was years ago. Still good thou eh...

Thanks all...see you all next summer...if I make it thru this Fall/Winter. View attachment 1627210
Rubb.
How much did you get the front 5 for?

How much did you get the front 5 for?
The parts guy quoted the price,sounded awesome so I said order it. I was working on a bike in the back and was a little pre-occupied.I'll pay for it Tuesday,let ya know in case you want one. Got it for 20 buck more than the 4 thats all I remem. :rolleyes: It should arrive Tues/Wed I'll have it scuffed up by the weekend. I let this Bridgestone go almost bald.:crazy:
Rubb.

The road 5 are superb, we even have used them as full track wets at the Barry sheene race meet

Back