The Psycho Busa

No flames here frank, just expounding on an idea. I can understand you being a bit hypersensitive of late, but your misdirecting it a bit.
As far as the maps go, its thru my own experience that I learned what I wrote. 7hrs is a real nightmare even compared to 3, I got lucky.

I don't have a problem driving 7hrs it's just that I have too much going on during the next week or so.

So it's either find someone with a similar setup to mine or let the bike sit another 1 to 2 weeks.

I don't know about you but I think My bike has sat long enough and it's time to get the wheels a spinning.

You guys suprise me I must admit, you spend the money and go first class on the buildup then you expect to get tailor made maps for your bikes.
Let me tell you its not realistic, you might even say it aint gonna happen. Like it or not when you built that monster mill you took yourself out of the ready made map category. Now there's only one way to ensure exact fuel delivery from idle to redline required for YOUR bikes. If there's no dynojet 250 handy then prepare to drive to one. The shops that have them are certified by dyno jet as tuning centers, with operators trained by dynojet. Its the only true way to perfection, and after sparing no expense on the buildup why would you just slap on a PC2 and download someone elses map. Its like putting on another mans pants that you eyeballed as the same size you wear. Anyway, on the 250 they'll be able to adjust all 3 tables down to the 100th RPM at every throttle position at every rpm. Textbook perfect fuel delivery. I was prepared to ride 3 hours to a 250 when lo and behold a highly respected shop less than 30 minutes away became the newest tuning center in the country. Thats nice. Unlike you guys I dont plan to punch mine out but the yosh 12:1 pistons and stage 2 cams are in the cards. You can bet I'll be there. After all its all in the tuning these days, we used to dial in a bike with a screwdriver; now we use a laptop. Gotta love it.

Omega You think I would ask for a map look who did Frank.
And Frank like you were really serious about a ready made map.
For the price of a shield.
You did not want a map you wanted a starting point.
How that Omega is that better.

There was more negative then there was positive today at the track. The biggest problem was that it was falling on it's face(bogging) REAL bad as soon as I would get the clutch fully released. Right now it's got Me baffled thats for sure?
With the map thats in it feels great on the street on just sitting working the throttle. No popping, cracking, hesitations or anything.
But coming out of the hole at the track it falls right on it's face likes it starved for fuel?

Right now I think maybe it doesn't have enough fuel pressure for this motor. Or the fuel lines aren't large enough to carry the fuel supply?

I don't know?

Maybe it needs different timing through the low range?

I'm lost on this one?

Who knows of someone thats put up a respectable number with a built motor?

I need help on this one???!!!!!

The only two good things were that it...

Never spun the tire...

And as sick as it was on the low end it was running 5mph faster than all the other stock motor Busa's.

????????????(scratching My head)

Thanks Tom!

Your right about having My work cut out. It's really hard to tell if it's too much or not enough fuel?
Here is a few things that may be adding to the problem:
1. The throttle bodies are bored out.
2. I still have the stock gearing(17/40).
3. I have way too much clutch in bike right now. I need to put softer springs in and go from there.

At the track I pulled the lid off the airbox and leaned out the low & mid-range and it cleaned it up some but there is still a lot there.

It's possible that this could all be cured with the pw2?

(still not sure?)

Since you have a purpose in mind for this bike (drag racing) you may want to purchase a data logger. The A/F ratios in particular would be helpful, as would monitoring rail pressure throughout the run. You have only a few seconds during the run to monitor many things, with the data logger you can analyze a ton of info at your convenience. This doesn't help you NOW as far as a map is concerned, but it will pay off in a big way over time. Good luck Frank, you sure got your work cut out for you...Tom Gafa

Back