The NBA rumble

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
I'm sure everyone has heard about the big fight in Detroit involving players in the stands and fans on the court. Reminds me of High School. These guys are getting paid millions, and they act like high schoolers!!!

Does anyone know if the arena is on public or private land?

Can't wait for the news to sensationalize the civil suits that will follow. I wish I was one of those fans that got hit in the stands, those guys are going to get rich suing the players.

So given your salary, how would you react at work if someone thru a cup of soda on you? Its easy for us to condem them. I doubt if I would have gone three rows into the stands. by the time I reached him, I would have calculated the costs to me, but if the guy were close enough for me to reach, he would have gotten his ass kicked.

I think that fines and suspensions were in order, but a full year suspension seems excessive. The comish sites past anger problems but after all, the guy showed initial restraint when pushed in the face.

Workplace violence isn't tolerated in most companies. You fight, you lose your job!!! Not a suspension. I'd rather have my job and be a little sticky with soda on me while watching the other guy who threw it get fired. Than to fight back and be fired also.

We are adults, right....

There was no excuse for what any of those people did, players and fans!

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101176366 -->

Nahhh....if Artest were smart, which he'll never be accused of, he would have gotten the guy's identity and sued the piss out of him for "emotional distress, potential trauma, and eye damage" from the thrown beverage. I agree that the fans who got a good ole ass whippin' deserved it, especially the two who actually came on the court...

Artest is a moron, and a punk.....this is the same assclown who asked to take a couple weeks off from his 7 MILLION DOLLAR PER YEAR job 'cause he was "tired", and needed time to promote his upcoming rap record. Give me a break...he should be banned for life. We ban athletes for life for drug use and steriod abuse, why should'nt Artest be banned for being a violent powderkeg that finally exploded?
I'm absolutely sick and tired of these pro athletes and celebrities trying to glorify their "thug life" bullshit.....giving more and more young kids negative role models to watch as they try to grow up.....I wish the brave soldiers who have died or been injured in Iraq could get as much TV time as this bunch of dickwads have gotten in the last couple days...THOSE are role models, not the current bunch of pampered pro athletes and celebrities that the media seems so intent on glorifying.

So Artest got suspended for a year....guess he'll have plenty of time to promote that album now, huh?

Screw the whole bunch....they'll not get a single cent of my hard earned cash...I'll go watch little league players play....at least they're out there because they LOVE THE GAME, and haven't been poisoned yet.

Rant over....sorry about the profanity.

Just heard it on the news, it must be public land. The Detroit Prosecutor is going to prosecute everyone involved.

Good.

baseball players, that come to ny get batteries and other goodies tossed at them all the timeshiet seen a player get hit with his own homerun ball!not right but soda NO REASON TO COME INTO THE STANDS SORRY!!!

The comish sites past anger problems but after all, the guy showed initial restraint when pushed in the face.

I'd show real restraint too if Big Ben pushed me.  I think it may more accurately be characterized by saying Artest may be explosive, but doesn't have a death wish.  If Tayshawn Prince had done the shoving would Artest have backed off then???  I think his lack of aggression after the push may have more to do with cowardice or self preservation than civility and restraint.  Good riddance Ron.

The comish sites past anger problems but after all, the guy showed initial restraint when pushed in the face.

I'd show real restraint too if Big Ben pushed me.  I think it may more accurately be characterized by saying Artest may be explosive, but doesn't have a death wish.  If Tayshawn Prince had done the shoving would Artest have backed off then???  I think his lack of aggression after the push may have more to do with cowardice or self preservation than civility and restraint.  Good riddance Ron.
good point!

Artest is a moron, and a punk.....this is the same assclown who asked to take a couple weeks off from his 7 MILLION DOLLAR PER YEAR job 'cause he was "tired", and needed time to promote his upcoming rap record.
Actually he asked for a year off... Now he's got it!
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101215199 -->

Read the paper this morning and it's possible that Artest will be back come playoff time. Since it was determined that he didn't actually contribute to what started the fight in the first place, the Commissioner decided to be a little more lenient.

Sometimes you gotta be careful what you wish for!
laugh.gif
Everybody involved was wrong and I would include the NBA for allowing seating at the arenas to be so close. Understand there is money to be made, but if the seats weren't so close it would probably not have become an issue.

Back