The Journey of a lifetime and a request to the .org

A brief update, Malcolm is currently in Flagstaff AZ - snowed in! I believe once the streets clear his plan is to head down to Sedona, then over to Prescott and from there over to Joshua Tree National Park. From there he's bound for San Diego and then all points north. For those of you interested in meeting him may I recommend a meet and greet in San Diego to start with followed perhaps by another as he heads north through LA? If those interested would PM me I'll see what I can do to coordinate the meet-up(s). Thanks to all for your support and interest. :bowdown:
Respectfully.
-Jim

Well folks, for those interested Malcolm made it to San Diego staying briefly with my folks there, pic's below, his last update mentioned something about being in Fort Bragg in northern California. Evidently he was only able to get a 90 day visa for the US so I guess he's accellerating his journey a bit... More later:
-Jim

Malcom getting ready.jpg

The bike 2.jpg

The bike 3.jpg

The bike 4.jpg

The bike 5.jpg

The bike 6.jpg

The bike 7.jpg

The bike 8.jpg

The bike 9.jpg

The bike 10.jpg

The bike 11.jpg

The bike 12.jpg

Malcolm leaving.jpg

Last edited:
what an amazing trip! it's a shame they will only let him stay here for 90 days, way to much to see and experience in such a short period of time...looks like he is doing well :beerchug:

Glad to hear that the trip is going so well for him! Sorry to hear that he will only be able to stay for 90 days.

Well .oRg-sters, Malcolm has made it to the top of Alaska, here is his story in his own words: "After buying my Honda 250cc Rebel motorbike in Santiago, I travelled to the southern tip of mainland Chile, beyond Punta Arenas, to start meandering north, and 18 months later I arrived at Prudhoe bay, Alaska's most northerly destination. The following is a summery of my log.

DATES. I left Santiago on 30 November, 2008, and arrived Prudhoe Bay 28 May 2010.
NUMBER OF COUNTRIES VISITED. 16, and some more than once.
DISTANCE. 41,000 miles, plus about 1,500 miles by ferries.
TOTAL COST. 15,000 UK pounds, excluding only the cost of the bike. ( say 30 pounds per day).
ACCOMMODATION. Camping about two thirds of the time, plus staying with friends, hostels and hotels.
BIKE PERFORMANCE. 100%
PETROL. 513 gallons.
BIKE MAINTENANCE. 10 Services / oil changes, 5 new tyres, 2 chains, 4 spark plugs, 2 air filters, 1 set of clutch plates and break pads
NUMBER OF ACCIDENTS. 4 knock downs by other drivers, 6 other accidents and just falling over.

From mid summer, on Christmas Day a year and a half ago at the southern tip of South America, I have followed the seasons to be here in Alaska at the end of May, during the very rapid transition between winter and summer. To stand on the frozen Arctic Ocean at Prudhoe Bay marked the end of an amazing journey.
Now, for the summer, I am leaving Fairbanks, Alaska, to ride east across Canada to Nova Scotia, and hopefully Newfoundland, before heading south, during the autumn, to Washington DC. where , with the help of Anna, my daughter, and Tor, I took a short motor bike course to get me going.

Malcolm.
Fairbanks, 3 June, 2010."

I don't know about the rest of you but I'd love to have done what he's done.
-Jim

To me that's what life is all about !! My fear is passing away with never experiencing something like that.

awesome adventure!
on a rebel even. that poor little bike, tank bag looks bigger than the powerplant. seems to be getting around though.
:popcorn:

Back