The Great River Road ride

Oh yeah!! The river road rides are great. I used to do them all the time when I lived in Wood River.

Enjoy!!!

P.

:thumbsup:

here is the tentative plan... leave quad cities 830a... great river road north into dubuque (lunch)... 20east into galena... 84south back to quad cities which should get us back around 430-5pm i think depending on # of stops and mph

if those of you more familiar to the area have a different/more exciting route feel free to give suggestions and correct me on travel time if i'm off.

where are we gonna meet up? gas station or someone's house?

We could meet at the junction of I 80 and route 67 theres a real nice welcome center. Also a Mc Donalds there as well.. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
If I go, I may meet you guys south of me. I am only 20 minutes South of Dubuque and I live on Hwy52. I wouldn't think it is going to take but 1.5-2hrs from the Quad Cities to Dubuque without A LOT of stops. There are quite a few scenic byways off Hwy 52 when you get North of Savannah that could be a fun time waster. We could kind of zig-zag away form and towards Hwy 52 along the way. I am still unsure of my work schedule for Sunday. I am hoping to make it and I may see if the woman wants to ride along. She hasn't been on my new Busa yet.

If you want to start a list, I think you can start with:
1. GSXTacy- Chris- hayabusa
2. Spoiledbusa- Melissa- Ninja
3. GSXcite-Hal- Hayabusa
3. Rebelbusa- Mary- V Star
4. DR1300R- Doyle- Hayabusa
5. Mrs. DR1300R- Mary- Hayabusa w/ Doyle
6. Samm- Hayabusa
* possiable
7. Geoff- BMW
8. Margo- scooter
9. Corndog- Kevin- Hayabusa

*All from the Quad Cities

10. Muskrat- Hayabusa

*Joliet

11. Billbell- Bill- Northern Iowa

* Who else?

What about fstbusa or WWJD?

My brother will be riding along on his Beemer as well as my son on my Beemer..

Need to pm the guys from Waterloo and D-moines I guess..

By all means bring the Mrs. as this will be a family ride it looks like.. :thumbsup:

If I go, I may meet you guys south of me. I am only 20 minutes South of Dubuque and I live on Hwy52. I wouldn't think it is going to take but 1.5-2hrs from the Quad Cities to Dubuque without A LOT of stops. There are quite a few scenic byways off Hwy 52 when you get North of Savannah that could be a fun time waster. We could kind of zig-zag away form and towards Hwy 52 along the way. I am still unsure of my work schedule for Sunday. I am hoping to make it and I may see if the woman wants to ride along. She hasn't been on my new Busa yet.

sounds good

if it is only a few hrs to dubuque let's meet up at 9a... i work until 2a that morning and have a decent shot west to get to the qc's and need all the time i can get. 9a is prolly easire to remember, too

C9Y north/northwest of dubuque up into millville is a good road too if we want to try that or have time. see you boys (and girls) in six days:beerchug:

Maybe even ride up to Marquette and cross the bridge over to Prairie du Chien and come back down on the Wisconsin side.

Watch your speed before you hit Marquette Doyle :poke: Sorry, had to rub it in! I don't think I will be making it. This past weekend was a disaster at work so I am almost positive we will be working straight through Labor Day weekend.

Watch your speed before you hit Marquette Doyle :poke: Sorry, had to rub it in! I don't think I will be making it. This past weekend was a disaster at work so I am almost positive we will be working straight through Labor Day weekend.

HaHa.. :spank:

:corner: :laugh:

Back