The fall of the Busa

NO, won't do it. Can't waste my time, cause I just got my real life copper Hayabusa back from the Suzuki dealer today and the bike is awsome after the snot was cleaned from the fuel pump. This MF bike rips - Bottom line.

There is nothing that will beat a Hayabusa, read it! NOTHING that exists.

Goodbye to this thread I have to ride :)

Busa owners:

Come on guys this is just a big show. Don't get sucked into this stuff. It's just more of the same b.s. that rolls through every so often. It doesn't change any real facts and doesn't make the Busa any less the proven Champion that it already is. It's just a distraction (if we let it) and not worth the time it takes to type a reply. This isn't the first time green envy has trashed our site and it won't be the last. You have to admit they must be getting very bored with no bike, no meaningful web site and no mailing list worth posting messages to about a bike that doesn't exist. Frustration and envy can lead to irrational behavior. The evidence is plentiful - I rest my case.

I figure that ZX-12 must have been turned down by every girl in his state, because he could only ride his wet dream. This is why he comes here to shake things up. We haunt him even in his wildest dreams. HAHAHA

Sorry could not resist.

I couldn't help replying to this. I am looking forward to the ZX-12 release, it may or may not be faster, no one knows at this time. But unless it truly mops the floor with the Hayabusa I think the Busa will always be known for the big step it made in progress. The amount of refinement and power progress in the Busa topped 2-3 generations of progress from past manufacturers in one single go. That is something to be truly proud of. However the ZX-11 was top dog for a number of consecutive years and has a strong following as well. I think there is a strong possibility that the ZX-12 handles better and has more power then the Busa, but the distinct character of the Busa will continue as a one of kind ride. The ZX-12 seems to be taking the traditional design look which doesn't distinguish itself like the BUSA does. So bottom line, I would like to own both bikes. Unfortunately my wife's maintenance fees would go up significantly if I had more than one trials bike and one street bike. Flame away if you must but I think the ZX-12 may just beat the Busa, but like anything it is the first person who gets there that gets the attention, everyone else after that is second rate. It may be a tough argument but I think the first Stock bike to top 200mph is going to get the attention, do you guys consider the Busa there, or would you say the BUSA has fallen short?

Dale

[This message has been edited by easyrider (edited 18 September 1999).]

[This message has been edited by easyrider (edited 18 September 1999).]

Who is this ZX12 geeza. Hey dude, wake up to reality and smeel the coffee.

The ZX12 struggled to reach 194 in Germany and that was only 'cos it had a tail wind.

The mighty Bus (which we are all riding) made 200.2 in stock form. If you don't believe me, see the movie on my website at www.megadodopublishing.freeserve.co.uk

Watch it and weep dude, then check out The German MOTORAD mag which is also online but I don't know the URL.

Reality bites!!!

Z

Nothing Has the "LOOK" the Power Speed of our Busa's

ZX-12 is an over grown ZX-9, "BORING" Dime a Dozen Look. he has one..he has one..oh look another one..hey he's got one also. hey look a PUKE green one..no..no..thats a cool blue..but the 5th one I've seen today..GEEZ..dime a dozen Kawi poop ))

161 ®

I'M TELLING YOU GUYS THE ZX-12 WILL NOT PULL PAST 187MPH IN THE STATES.EVEN IF IT DID THE BIKE WILL BE MAXED OUT FROM THE FACTORY.IT.S A 81MMx58mm BORE/STROKE THAT IS A HIGH REV'N MOTOR.IF IT DOES I'LL SELL MY BUSA,NOT!

ZX-12
I still am interested in owning both of these bikes. Whats magical about fifteen days. Is that when the US dealer show is?
I still can not find a dealer to take the money in return for delivery date??
Please e-mail me in confidence if you know something more.
ramair1@flash.net
Otherwise stop crying wolf because i am tired of sifting through this type of thread to find out when and then learn no one has a date and details.
Bob

15 days they allow press releases the editor of dragbike has already verified this. Has anyone here ever heard of a company ca Microsoft? You all may noticed that by delaying release dates and creating confusion they create more hype and get more interest. If you haven't noticed this trend then you should. It is all about hype and sensationalism.

Of course they are coming out with a new bike they are playing all of us like a piano look at the insanity on this site.

I think that you all need to use your brains. Do you really think Suzuki could not have beaten 200mph with the busa? Of course they could have you fools the technology has been there for a long time. The technology probably was not there to put it into a 10,500 package that could be driven daily yet. The 200mph number may have been 12,500 and demographic studies of the target market group may have convinced them that they would make more money with a slightly slower package. Not only that Ask Mr. Mitchell if there is a liability risk to be the first one to hit 200mph??? Maybe maybe not but I am sure one member of their counsel thinks it might be a better idea to let someone else do it first.

[This message has been edited by ZX-12 (edited 18 September 1999).]

What???
Hype my ass. I may want the fuc ing bike and the hype is just annoying. Actually your fuc ing annoying and your type is most of the insanity on this site.
Go away or let me fix your fingers so you have to type with your nose.
A bike like the Busa and ZX-12 do not need hype. They need facts. Who spends $11,000 + without knowing what exactly they will be getting? At least a mag. test. Actually, there are probably a few of you that bought the Busa before they knew. Not me.
Just tell me what, when, how much, and I know where to go to purchase a bike. Its simple, not like you make it out to be. The whole world is not revolving around the Suzuki Hayabusa and Kawasaki ZX-12. Just yours
Going for a ride, see ya.
Bob

ZX-12 has a point about Kawi keeping things quiet to create more of a bombshell effect. Look at Suzuki with the Busa...because they used this approach, the shock was great when the bike burst on the market. Maybe Kawi took notice of this and learned something. Just a thought, no flames please.

The bike WILL debut at the Paris show on Oct 1. On October 19th, there will be a dealer sales conference in Essen City, Germany, for the local Kawi dealers. From this date forward, orders can officially be placed with Kawasaki for the ZX-12R.

Before anyone blasts this info, those in Germany can confirm this easily enough.
I'm just posting it for guys like Bob who are getting frustrated with BS. Those that aren't interested, please ignore.

How sad that a great website for the hayabusas have been dragged through the mud?
With people like ZX-12, who chooses the BS to believe in, sicken me. ZX-12 grow up, can't you just wait for your dream bike, arm yourself with solid facts and figures, then come back to this site and BS all you want.

A mildly mod busa kicks out 171bhp, the ZX-12 that remains to be seen. ZX-12, remove the pacifier out of your mouth and smell some busa fume.

Back