The Baton and Your Bike

HayaWakened

Donating Member
Registered
For those of us too young to remember ...

In the early days, it was called the Traveling Toaster:

Quite a history, right??

Imagine for a moment, strapping a toaster to the back of your Busa and riding that toaster across town, across the country, to deliver the Toaster to a fellow member.

But why?
  • A token of appreciation
  • A way to congregate
  • A reason to ride
  • A reason to celebrate!
  • An excuse to meet up with fellow members.
  • A way of saying thanks
The Only Rule?
The Toaster must be delivered in person, on the bike; otherwise the Toaster isn't traveling. But now ... the Forum has members all over the world. How to honor The Only Rule when oceans separate us?

Introducing the Traveling Toaster v2.0.
I know, it's not a toaster, it's a baton, made of titanium (of course!) with this website's address engraved on its side. But in the name of Tradition, I suggest we continue said tradition and refer to this baton as The Traveling Toaster.

1649083792994.png

Why a Baton?
(and why not a toaster? And whatever happened to the original Toaster? Good question!! and I don't know :() A baton is easier to transport on a bike and easier to ship across the world. A brief written history of the Baton's travels, including messages from the previous Toaster recipient to the next recipient can be safely stored inside a baton.

The New Only Rule #1 and #2
The Baton must be passed on, must somehow be transported for at least part of its travels, on a Hayabusa. Strap it to the pillion, stash it in a backpack, a top box, a saddlebag, a pocket, ride it to the post office or across the freakin' country, but in any case, deliver the 'Toaster' to another member.
#2 Document the Traveling Toaster's journeys here on the forum - pics, pics, and pics - of the new toaster, of the bikes involved, of this forum's illustrious members.

You get to choose who is next to receive the Org's Traveling Toaster.

As Freddie Mercury and Queen once said, "Get on your bikes and ride!"

Are you in or out?

Signed,
HayaWakened
(still one of the newest members on this site)

PS. Thanks to the following members for helping to revive an old and honorable tradition:
@c10, @fallenarch, @RedBull, @Bumblebee (for suggesting the title of this thread!)

For additional info, Search: Toaster on this forum (WARNING: 10+ pages of search results)
Be Advised: The Falcon Key Chain is no longer in circulation

When I made this in Arizona it traveled back to Texas . took it for a short spin on RJ then mailed it to @fallenarch due to covid restrictions across the nation / world . March 2022 on my west coast trip I retrieved the baton , and returned home 1600 miles . Then end of March left for Florida where it traveled another 1048 miles in my bags . It was then passed to @mabupa .

All in over 3900 miles in my possession. As a note the Key ring is no longer passed with the Baton for my own sentimental reasons .
Willie ,and John are the only members to have carried it .

When I made this in Arizona it traveled back to Texas . took it for a short spin on RJ then mailed it to @fallenarch due to covid restrictions across the nation / world . March 2022 on my west coast trip I retrieved the baton , and returned home 1600 miles . Then end of March left for Florida where it traveled another 1048 miles in my bags . It was then passed to @mabupa .

All in over 3900 miles in my possession. As a note the Key ring is no longer passed with the Baton for my own sentimental reasons .
Man you are one dedicated MOFO!

I didn’t do nearly as many miles with it as you @c10 but it has been around to a lot of my favorite riding spots in Florida with me on the busa, concours and DR650. I’m ready to pass it on to @Bumblebee, as requested when it was handed to me, but It would be a long ride to get up to Canada to hand it over so, @Bumblebee feel free to PM and we’ll talk about the best way to get it up there and in your hands so you can cover some miles this summer.

Pass it through org members riding, see who's in between.
I'm in Va
I could probably get it in NC, take it to WV or NVA, if anyone can get it this far, or on afterwards.
Mailing it doesn't count.
It's gonna have to count this time....I'm in the middle of nowhere and no .org members within hours of me.....(and my riding range is limited these days).

Back