The American: I hope this pans out.

SHIRO HAYABUSA

Registered
Oklahoma has been entertaining the idea of building a bronze statue of an Osage Indian with an eagle perched on his lifted right arm. The statue will stand 60 feet taller than the Statue of Liberty and will be the tallest free standing bronze statue in the world. My question is: is there enough attraction value of a project like this to interest enough people.... (?) Tulsa was voted to be the receiving city over OKC but the final location hasn't been decided according to the link I've included.

Personally, I would LOVE to see this completed. It'd be a great attraction for that area. I'm especially interested to know how you fellow Oklahomans feel? What are you're thoughts of a statue in the middle of America taller than the Statue of Liberty? Does that even matter? Would you add this to your life's list of to do's?

Statue leaders say 'American' statue project still viable - SandSpringsLeader.com: News

The American

Last edited:
Wont bother me, seems expensive for a statue right now. Im guess it'll provide jobs ect.. and thats helping along

I would go see it, but I'm within 30 miles of it. I'm not for sure that people would come from around the US just to see the statue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Article says they need to 'get the fundraising together'.
Also says 'people from around the world will come to see it' ?

Just call the statue "The Osage Indian Bank of America", and let the Federal Reserve give it TARP money.:laugh:

people just dont go to see these kinds of things anymore. ive worked near to alot of big attractions, ive never gone and seen any of them, my wife went to niagra, thats about it. dont see the draw at all. how about investing that money into getting a factory, refinery, mine, anything that can create working jobs for a while instead of a never ending money pit.

I'm glad someone has money for it. All we here is" The state is broke"

sent from my bag phone

people just dont go to see these kinds of things anymore. ive worked near to alot of big attractions, ive never gone and seen any of them, my wife went to niagra, thats about it. dont see the draw at all. how about investing that money into getting a factory, refinery, mine, anything that can create working jobs for a while instead of a never ending money pit.

+1,
dont see the point in this project...

waste...they thought the college football hall of fame would help out south bend too..now our taxs are paying to keep it running..@#$%

There are thousands of better ways to spend that kind of dough in my opinion. Sure it will create some jobs,then when its done,bye-bye jobs.Then the thing will need maintenace,that will cost more dough.

I'd have to say bad idea. Would I go see it? If it didn't take me more than an hour or so off my planned route.

RSD.

im all for big monuments. i stop by Mt. Rushmore every year, and it instill in me a sence of American pride. i have been to the okc bombing site a few times, it always leaves my feeling sad yet more united in tragity with other Americans. my point is these large monuments are a good thing because i beleve they join the American people together with a sence of pride. Pride in thier country, pride in the sprit of the American people.

my wife says it looks like a big target.???

Hummmmmmmmmmmmm :whistle: , we already have an Indian Statue on the Top of the Capital Building. And I don't know anyone who comes to see that ? If it's a private fund, I don't care. But if it's TAX MONEY, then I can think of THOUSANDS of things to spend it on with better results. :beerchug:

Back