Thanks to Redkat05: I have bag lights!

CWCobra

Registered
I just wanted to give a tip of the hat to Redkat05 (Jason) for the LED boards he made for my VTX bagger. Reason I'm posting on here is that I first met him on this forum (I also have a 'Busa).

The attached pics show the brilliant red LEDs Jason made for my bags. The OEM (Mutazu) lights failed after only a day or two. Mutazu sent me a replacement set, but they failed as well. Jason's are not only far more bright, they should last a loooong time.

Many thanks, Redcat05!!! Let me know how I can repay your kindness.

CW

Bag_lights_by_Jason.JPG

Bag_lights2.JPG

glad ya like em bro. doin the work was my pleasure. Once the LEDs get here for Doyle's(dr1300r) i'll get to work on his. Will probly take me awhile cuz he wants amber in rear turn signals as well as a few rows of red for additional outwardly visible brake lights, "accessory" reds in the tail for when he's parked somewhere, and a taillight/brake board to go around his hyperlite module inside the tail itself
Posted via Mobile Device

I could use one of those in my tail light on the Buick. Would match the light bar.

Very nice. :thumbsup:

r8

vstar_genesis_small.jpg

014.jpg

so u want board for your bike or car? I'd be happy to hook u up since u hooked me up brother
Posted via Mobile Device

so u want board for your bike or car? I'd be happy to hook u up since u hooked me up brother
Posted via Mobile Device

No idea where to get the measurements for the LED light mounting plate.

Maybe make a template? :dunno:

They want $60.00 for that! Forget it.

r8

and like i told Chet, its A) somethin for me to do, and B) it helps to extend the reach of the karma arm which I hope reaches for me at this very moment lol
Posted via Mobile Device

$60 for the light? all i'd need to make somethin is the housing or a "dead" board like chet gave me
Posted via Mobile Device

$60 for the light? all i'd need to make somethin is the housing or a "dead" board like chet gave me
Posted via Mobile Device

I could remove the tail light lens. Trace an outline including holes and go from there ..OR .. wait until Summer (like I ride it now) and send you the lens.

Can you get the connector at the end?

r8

are we talkin bout somethin for bike or buick lol?
Posted via Mobile Device

If I knew where to GET those bulb casings I would do that to make it easier on ya or anyone i make boards for
Posted via Mobile Device

thats a Buick? I guess i'm confused, never heard of a Buick motorcycle before
Posted via Mobile Device

fine with me lol. Honestly your best bet is to send me the whole housing if possible, then i'll know how best to design the board
Posted via Mobile Device

fine with me lol. Honestly your best bet is to send me the whole housing if possible, then i'll know how best to design the board
Posted via Mobile Device

Might do that this summer but it's a wiring nightmare in there.

I would think using just the lens would suffice. If you look at the board it's the same size as the lens.

Several Yamaha's use the same tail light.

r8

Last edited:
takes forever to load that page through my phone. where do i get the bulb casings like that
Posted via Mobile Device

with just the lense I won't know the depth of the taillight, etc. I can try, however you'd want but no guarantees on fitment. Chet's was the easiest EVER to work on cuz he sent me the busted boards so i just used one to make a template
Posted via Mobile Device

Back