Thanks to all of you from NiTitanium1

OB_NiTitanium1

Registered
I never thought I'd be writing this to those of you who kindly gave me your advice on many aspects of the 'Busa.
The first and only bike I've ever owned was the ground-breaking '84 900 Ninja--15 years ago. This was an awesomely fast bike in its day. Then, 6 yrs ago, I test rode the ZX11. I couldnt wipe the smile off of my face after riding it. What unbelievable power delivery--As smooth as silk. Tonight, I test drove the Hayabusa. What can I say? This thing is hell on wheels.
like someone finally harnessed and made controllable an atomic blast. Sh*t this thing is fast. And I did'nt even get past 5,000 rpms!(and life begins after this?) I'm sorry to say, after the fun I had talking with you guys, that I can't buy it. I can feel that I'm going to get myself into deep trouble if I get it. Plus everyone's giving me massive sh*t about buying one. I really do want one, but I have to go with my nagging instincts(or paranoia?).
Most of you will write me off as a big punanny (Jamaican for p*ssy), but you have to know your own limitations. I hope you guys realize and remember your limitations. This aint your grandfather's Indian. Please be careful, and, like a fellow member here once said: "Every time I put on my helmet I act as if I'm going to war". I'll miss you guys!

[This message has been edited by NiTitanium1 (edited 08 August 2000).]

Dam sorry to hear about it! I just located 4 blues to arrive next week and wanted to share the info w/ you. 10,799 out the door! I understand your concerns and wish you luck. I rode a GSX-R750 for two years and I look forward to getting my busa. I just don't want a bike that I will regret. And wish I had sprung for the bike I wanted. But, heII riding anything on two wheels is a blast!? Take care, and drop me a line if you change your mind!

Later,
Bill

Hey, your welcome to join us here. You don't have to own a Busa to participate.

Ti..just buy it. Since when do men think rationally about any purchase? We buy first, think later. That's why we foolishly end up married..we marry first then say "oh S***". Don't let the Busa be any different! Get it or regret it!
LeeMI

TI, I think you are making a big mistake. The busa is not going to explode above 5,000 RPS. The bike is as tame as a gold wing if you wish it to be. Even the mity Busa can not live up to ALL the hype. People walk up to me when they see it and ask all kinds of questions. Things they have "heard" about the busa. I have heard some wild ones like " will it really do 6th gear wheeles at 150 MPH". well maybe a turbo one but not mine.
You can ride this bike all day and never use more than 1/4 throttle. If you need a bike that is more like a BMW or a Gold Wing for comfort I understand. But never pass on a Busa because you think it has too much power. It....and you can handle the power just fine.
Thats my .05 worth.

If i could have ridden a Busa before buying one the color would not have been a issue. I would have bought the first one i found!! Buy the bike or forever dream about shifting at 10,000 rpms.You only live once!

Mr. Titanium,
Ya gotta ask yourself one question,
do I feel lucky?

Well do ya punk?

Shifting at 10K on the back wheel is the coolest.
Or would that be shifting at 10K in 5th?
Whatever.

This was really a hard decision, fellas. I have 2 dealerships giving me the price I have been waiting for. I was hoping I would eventually meet some of you one day.
*frustration*

HEY!!! Don't do it! Don't pass on the busa. I agree, first impressions, the busa is kinda rude. Give it throttle like any other bike and it'll scare the sh_t out of you. I bought mine without any test ride and on the way home I was freakin'. I got home and was like "What tha phuck did I do", "Why did I buy this, do I have a death wish or what". It was like that for about the 1st 20 miles and I adjusted and I loved it. You just have to be nice to the throttle and not whack it until you have some time on it. I could not be more happy with my decision and have put 200 miles on it within the 1st 24hrs I've owned it. This is definitely a bike that is tougher than me and I can grow into the bike's abilities, so when I'm ready I can meet the real bike. Better than to get a bike and quickly get bored and lose money trading it in, that's what my brother's doing with his GSXR-600. But hey, if you don't think you could ever adjust to it then don't get it. I believe its not for everyone. If after 20 miles you still feel the same then don't get it, but give it and you a chance. It's really just adjusting your riding behaviors to meet the bike.

Thanks Dewey. If I changed my mind I would get big heat from those around me--not that that's the major factor preventing me, but just another one, like these:
1)No safe place to park
2)$500 for locks/alarms
3)disability insurance $1000/yr (went to school for 16 years post-HS) A must!
4)Reg. Insurance $1000
5)Full leathers $700 (?)
6)Helmet $350
7)The feeling of vunerability to big, heavy metal hunks with wheels (Didnt feel this when I was young)
8)Not to make you guys feel uncomfortable, but, any disabling injury that may occur to me would be catastrophic to my job future!

In spite of all these reasons, I still want one. So you can see my frustration. Thanks again, guys, for your kind responses.

zxray,
email me! I don't want to divulge the info to all before I get my hands on one! Plus I just found another dealer getting one closer, but they want 400 more than the first dealer. 1st dealer gets his next week 4 of them... 2nd dealer gets his in ten days.

cartman_68@mindspring.com

put your email in your profile for me!

Back