Thanks for the $$ GW Am I the first?

this is a right bitchy thread come on girls buy British instead
jump9.gif

Let's try to keep this money in the USA folks. we need it.
I'm not leaving the country anytime soon.
Some people just don't get it.
sad.gif
You're right some don't. If you buy an import, you are supporting an American trucking company from the port to the distribution center. The dc employs Americans. Then you support more American truckers delivering to the stores. Also the people in the stores are part of America.

In order for America not to benefit from money I spend, I would need to be in another country.

So who doesn't get it?
You're not completely wrong, but capital from product sales is far more lucrative for foreign goods than
services in direct support of that product here in the US. You support the manufacturer, the employees, the
truckers, the retailers and what the retailers spend their money on and so on.
There's definately more than one way to support the US economy with you're own tax money that's been
given directly back to you in order to stimulate the economy.
Especially on service based businesses here in the US.
You can also pay down your own debt, which is actually making you money by saving on interest.
You can invest in American companies, which can actually make you even more money and broadening the stregth of the US economy.
There's a myriad of motorcycle products manufactured right here in the US.
I'm not saying you should buy nothing but US stuff, not at all. But with the stimulus money, we
assure that the money stays 100% invested in the US thereby increasing our GDP and
making your every hourly dollar worth more in the Global economy.
By buying American products, you actually make yourself richer.

you know how they have "bricks" and "stones" you can "buy" when a memorial or special construction project is underway?

has anyone set in motion a way to "sponsor" a section of the border fence going up?

I'd invest in it!
lurk.gif

Let's try to keep this money in the USA folks.   we need it.
sad.gif
You're right some don't. If you buy an import, you are supporting an American trucking company from the port to the distribution center. The dc employs Americans. Then you support more American truckers delivering to the stores. Also the people in the stores are part of America.

In order for America not to benefit from money I spend, I would need to be in another country.

So who doesn't get it?
You're not completely wrong, but capital from product sales is far more lucrative for foreign goods than
services in direct support of that product here in the US.  You support the manufacturer, the employees, the
There's definately more than one way to support the US economy with you're own tax money that's been
You can also pay down your own debt, which is actually making you money by saving on interest.
You can invest in American companies, which can actually make you even more money and broadening the stregth of the US economy.
I'm not saying you should buy nothing but US stuff, not at all.  But with the stimulus money, we
assure that the money stays 100% invested in the US thereby increasing our GDP and
That's a good theory, but as I was reading it, I was trying to think of anything 100% made in USA. Other than some groceries. I don't think such a thing exists. Even Hardley uses parts made overseas for their red blooded company.

you know how they have "bricks" and "stones" you can "buy" when a memorial or special construction project is underway?

has anyone set in motion a way to "sponsor" a section of the border fence going up?

I'd invest in it!
lurk.gif
I would rather give my money to strippers, but only the American one's.

Let's try to keep this money in the USA folks. we need it.
sad.gif

So who doesn't get it?
services in direct support of that product here in the US. You support the manufacturer, the employees, the
I'm not saying you should buy nothing but US stuff, not at all. But with the stimulus money, we
That's a good theory, but as I was reading it, I was trying to think of anything 100% made in USA. Other than some groceries. I don't think such a thing exists. Even Hardley uses parts made overseas for their red blooded company.
Would everyone prefer if I named 100+ soley based US companies including service based companies in the US?
I wasn't just talking about motorcycle products alone. I gave multiple examples of how to keep those dollars currculating
in our own economy.
I'm sure over half of every business in every town is a local business. Look around!

And it's not a "Theory". It hard Macro-economics 101. You want your US dollar to suffer? You want the Fed to keep
cutting interest rates and deflating your dollar? How's your 401K doing? You want that to keep tanking?
Keep buying and supporting outside the US.

I'm not talking like you have to buy EVERYTHING US, like large ticket items, ie. Bikes, cars, electronics...
You should be able to get the best quality for your dollar, but I'm talking the nickle and dime stuff, the
credit card debts drawn on foreign banks, plenty of products in supermarkets are US based (General Mills, Proctor and Gamble,
Johnson and Johnson.............I could name 100 right now). Just be aware and put your money there.

By spending only the stimulus money in the US on American goods and services, you do more than what the stimulus
money is expected to do. You don't just put a band-aid on the economy, you actually re-grow a limb.

You know...you (could) start a relative thread instead of
hijack.gif
this one.

To get back on subject, I also ordered a new and improved cush drive! Man, spending 'found' money is fun!
kickass.gif

I would like to see you name 5 that don't import goods.
Local business here seems to be Latin owned.
401K didn't look like a good deal to me. So, I never bought into that.
My personal finances aren't suffering because the value of our dollar is less. I'm actually doing better in a weak economy because real estate prices dropped 40%. At least in my area. Few qualify for mortgages, but alot qualify to rent.
I plan to retire within 3 years. Just not in the good ol USA.

Also picked up a new rear Avon for the 79 CBX and a pair of great Fieldsheer armored and allegedly waterproof winter gloves for 20% off. Thanks again GW...now resign will ya?
thumb_up.gif

Back