Thanks Everyone!

Hey Everyone,

I'll defintely will enjoy and be safe (you have to be healthy and alive to enjoy so we're choosing our moments for fun
wink.gif
) and yes the damages are all cosmetic, frame is good and she runs well (she needs a tune up though which she'll get).

Hey BusaBret is that an aftermarket windscreen u got (looks like it comes up a little higher)? If so which one and how is it working for you (buffeting, rattling etc.)? Looking to replace the stock one since it blocks my vision of the dash. Any recommendations u guys might have are welcome
smile.gif

As for repainting, I have never repainted a bike but am not afraid to get my hands dirty, how involved is it? Also I have posted in the classifieds for a replacement turn signal, front fender and possibly a matching hump, so if you guys know anyone that are looking to get rid of some parts that have been collecting dust in the basement, they need to look no further, I'm their man.

Oh, and how does the bike being lowered affect the handling compared to a unlowered busa? Just thinking the center of gravity is lower so she should be less wheelie prone but will have less cornering clearance... but what about cornering (sharper, harder etc.)? Anyone here that has had the chance to compare the two?

I've got my Busa lowered 2" in the front, and 2" in the rear...kept dropping it in my driveway just after I bought it
laugh.gif

I don't notice ANY handling differences, but I'm not a daily aggressive twisties rider, so perhaps the canyon carvers will have a different opinion. My husband says he loves the handling since it was lowered; he's much more aggressive than I am.

I'm just more careful when I go over a speed bump because the belly pan will rub (stand on the pegs and you're good).

Here's my baby, lowered...
smile.gif

sm_horg_busa.JPG

VaBusa thanks for the input, that's a nice bike
smile.gif
What undertail is that and is that a licensplateholder coming out from the end of the swingarm (if my eyes server me well)?

That's an older Mototeck undertail; company out of Canada (www.mototeck.com) They do have newer undertails, but they've changed the location of the turn signals...hubby fashioned the stock lens cover over the mototeck lights in the back to round the bike out...

Hubby made the license plate bracket. It is attached to the swingarm...illegal in my state, but I have had it for nearly 4 years now and never been hassled.

Thx
smile.gif
VaBusa I checked out the Mototeck website their new ones look pretty good but I'll have to wait a while before I can spend that money. First I gotta get her serviced and fix the damages. Then it's gonna be a new windscreen since the current one is blocking my view of the dash I'm still wondering if a higher one will mean buffeting though... anyone had any experiences with after market screens?

The windscreen is a Zero Gravity Double Bubble in dark smoke. I like it and have had no issues with it. Others here run Puig and a few others.
I did have to put some electrical tape on the tabs that go into the fairing to stop it from buzzing at certain rpms.

I though it looked like a double bubble, I'll have to get one for sure. Had a Speedscreen V2 Double Bubble on my ZX-6R which worked nice, also dark smoke. Probably will go for just a regular smoke on the busa though because of the light color scheme.

Welcome & Congratulations! Check ebay for some parts. Might find the same color.

Thx, I just got a left turnsignal that I bought from Andy at this forum
smile.gif
Lost an auction for the exact fender I need on Ebay, doh! But I'll keep looking, something should pop up again...

Back