Test ride

pearlbusa

Donating Member
Registered
Okay, I finished changing my sprocket and chain setup to a 16/42. I noticed that it was noisier than the stock setup. Is this normal?? I took it on a test run and I liked the smooth low end get up and go. When I got it on the highway it seemed slower but maybe because i did not get on it all the way. Any way I also noticed that my speedo was off. Ultimately I would like to know for all you guys and gals who have a 16/42 ratio what you noticed when you changed your ratio and what answers you found. Hopefully your knowledge will help me answer any future questions.

Mine isn't any nosier with the 16/42 setup. Make sure you don't have your chain too tight.
You definitely need to add a speed-o-healer so that you can correct your speedo.
IMO the 16/42 combo makes the bike much more lively and fun. The only down side is that
gas mileage suffers.

Nope slack is at 1 inch which is in the middle. I agree with you though that the bike is awesome with this setup!!
smile.gif

I have just made the change as well, yeah it gets up and goes now, I need a speedohealer. With the new pipes and the new gears I am loosing lots of range, because I ride it differently now, but I love it!!
biggrin.gif

also with a 16/42 love it you will need a speedo healer the front sprocket is a bit louder but the after market gear doeas not have the rubber on it like the stock one. will never go back

Back