temp gauge problem

drq

Registered
My temperature gauge quit last weekend, everything else works, anyone else have same problem? 03 model busa.

Did you happen to custom your gauge face by any chance? remove the needle?

May be a stupid question but some think if they remove the needle and put it back in same position it should work fine.

:welcome: to the Org.

I installed a power commander the weekend before this happened, but no I have not touched the gauges.

If you look in the shop manuals available here you might be able to determine if the sending unit is bad or you have a gauge problem. Good luck with the fix. :thumbsup:

It could be as simple as a broke or damaged wire or connection.

Don't ask me why, but the temp gauge started working this morning. I didn't do a thing to it!! What do you think?

I have the same issue with my 06 Hayabusa. When I start the bike all the gauages light up the needles dance, but the temperature gauge goes all the way to the bottom. When I use the bike or I am idling the bike the temperature gauge never goes up? How can I tell if it is a short or a bad sending unit? Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

I will check the fuse anyway, but would a burnt fuse still light up the red dot representing that the bike is overheated, and would the needle still do the pre-start-up dance with the other gauges, before it decends down to its dead position?

Check the temp sensor wire on the back of radiator. Find it in the large faring opening on the left side of bike toward top of radiator. Wiggle it around and see if it corrects the problem or make the gauge stop working again. That should help tell if the problem is the connection. Ive seen people bump them hard enough when washing the bike it damages the wires inside the plus or pulls them slightly out. Would be easy check and fix if thats it.

Back