Taos for Lunch

MrGxr

Donating Member
Registered
Got a call from a friend down the street about a ride to Taos, NM for lunch, but they weren't going to the normal route. They had this route that took them on this back road that has some wicked twisties. Of course I said I was ready to go. May I remind you that the friend rides a Valkryie and so did the other guy that went with us. I heard from both of them how the Valkryie loves the twisties just as much as the sports bikes.... well they may love them, but they aren't made for them. Here are some pic....
First one here is the beginning of the run, approx 20 miles and it all looked like this. didn't stop to take any more pics cause I was having a blast...

<!--EDIT|MrGxr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120482094 -->

Taos_Twisties.jpg

and the last curve in the run...

<!--EDIT|MrGxr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120482203 -->

End_of_the_Twisties.jpg

Did ya notice the difference in terrain and foilage... we went over the mountain and into the valley...

After all the fun we had to stop for some nourishment. We ended up in Red River, NM at the Main Street Deli. Good food and good people.

Main_Street_Deli_for_lunch.jpg

I thought you meant to post "Taco's" for lunch.
smile.gif

That is one beautiful picture....I mean the twisties, not the dudes.
tounge.gif

I need to take my bike somewhere like that on vacation soon.

Last one. On the way down we road thru the Rio Grand Gorge area and there were a bunch of rafts running the "Race Track" part of the Rio Grande River. Took a pic just for the heck of it. The ride was great and will be done again. Next time I am going to try and get more sports bikes to go, would have been a whole lot more fun with some bikes that could keep up.

Blue_raft_on_the_race_track.jpg

Back