Tank Decal Defect!?

OB_BullDog

Registered
Is it just me, or when you are sitting on your bike, the Suzuki tank decals are not centered. Meaning the right decal is closer to the front of the bike than the left??

Let me know..
Also, the uneven seat hump should be Suzuki's problem not mine! Missing a small fairing screw out of the box..

[This message has been edited by BullDog (edited 27 March 2000).]

most 2000 models have reached their prospective owners with the right side fiering missing a screw at the bottom middle, if u look closely u'll see that the bracket thats supposed to link to the screw is also bent or not aligned ... theres a post somewhere in here that i've read b4 that verifies the a/m. Me? I just saved the trouble of going after the agent and got a new one myself plus re-aligned the fierings

As for the decals ... didn't spot anything unusual on mine ... anyway if u're not satisfied with the way ur bike is then go after ur agent! Still under warranty remember???

Terence

I haven't noticed the uneven decals, I will look tonight. And my faring screw was in place when purchased.
But the seat hump on my new blue locks about 3/8 inch forward and twisted over about 1/8 inch. Looks horrible.

Is Suzuki not taking responsibility for any of this? These are the perfect definition of a manufacturers defect and poor workmanship however minor. I was not anticipating a problem at my dealer when I go in for my first service to get the hump aligned (any suggestions would be appreciated).(and I don't mean a chiropractor)

Of course better cosmetic problems than mechanical, but if they overlook the easy stuff what makes you think they don't miss other things we haven't caught yet.

I'll never give up riding my busa without a fight, but it shakes your faith a little.

all the humps are tight on one side.
just remove the 4 screws and shim one side with a washer or 2 and it straightens right out.

I forgot to check my decals BEFORE I REMOVED THEM. The bike looks a lot better with them removed.

[This message has been edited by vortech347 (edited 30 March 2000).]

Checked my decals.

The "I" on the right side is centered with the "S" on the left. Seems like that's how it should be.

The hump is a little off on the back side, but not enough for me to care. Besides it makes easier to take it off.

J

That's it, I'm trading my BUSA for a ZX-12!

Just checked my tank decal and it was .000000000001 off center. The nerve of Suzuki selling me a bike like that.

Ride Safe, RJ

My tank decals are at least an inch offset.. Just frustrating because I see this every time I look down...

Will shim/adjust the hump myself and hope the final results are satisfying...

thanks.

Back