tall stacks or short stacks

stephen

Registered
has anyone used all long stacks or all short stacks on a small box mod? Pros cons will it help on low to mid range or all top end? I have a bmc race pc111 usb and 2 intake cams installed right now I have mix stacks 2 short 2 long anyone tryed going to all the same size???

it depends on what you are doing...
By installing an Intake cam on the exhaust side you already lost massive torque installing all short you will lose more. but you gain HP with both So now you decide what you want to do. slow out of the hole or fast after 8K

So if I go all tall It will help low to mid??? After I had the cam and pc111 installed I got 14 rwh and 6 foot pounds. Why do I loose a lot of torque when installing a intake cam only? Im not questioning you only trying to learn. And what kind of gains will I make if I go with a pair of cams (like yosh cams) thanks for any info you can give me.

either mixed or all short all longs do not work. all the shorts do is move the power band up the intake on the exhaust does the same thing but without a beeter intake can on the intake side you bleetoo much off

Back