Short Stacks

As of yet, no one down here that actually does any top end runs, has had any success with all short stacks on the top end.
Im not sure why.

carlitobusa,
you know lofty you should get in touch with him & try comming out with us one time, if you dont run the bus, you can take the ride & hang out and meet some of the board members. you will
have a good time.
THE ICE MAN.

[This message has been edited by THE ICE MAN (edited 26 July 2000).]

Cool,Iceman. lofty is my neighbor he is going to be OOC for a while as you know. But let me know when u guys go out to test your bikes. My busa still stock, but I enjoy riding hard.

This is a great chance for those of you experimenting with different combinations of stacks. With the propper map setup short stacks can help you develop more top end HP. Vs Long stacks can help your mids and torque numbers. Short stacks are excellent when used with the half- MOD (Valve section cut off)-air box.
The long stacks work best with the Full Mod Box.

I got a pair of short stacks to exchange for two long stacks.
carlito

Yeah carlito its not bad. Worst part is if you're trying to do it w/ an allen wrench(not much room in there), I need some allen sockets. I put it in finger tight and rolled the bike forward in 1st gear while still finger tightening it. When it wouldnt go any more I backed off 1/4 turn. John at APE confirmed I was good ta go.

Hey carlitobusa,

how do you remove the stacks from the airbox? I tried it yesterday but I just couldn't take them off. Pls. hlp. Thx.

Its not THAT hard, get fingernail under the lip and bend him in(collapse it) it'll pop out easy. Never used a screwdriver for this.

hey carlito I thought you were a S. fl. high speed freek, all longs is bottom end stuff...

Yeah lanta but I'm also kind of heavy.225lbs
I'm sure MOTORHEAD has a couple of them stacks laying around. Specially now he's got a new turbo. Help me out guy!

Lanta did you do your own cam tensioner adjuster installation? Any problems. Did you have to remove the valve cover or set on tdc ,or just pulled and replaced.

Back