talk about fish cooperating

Easy E

Registered
I like when the fish ccooperate when your fishing but this baracuda says "taKe me take me"

LB BARACUDA JUMPS INTO FISHING BOAT!!! - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s a small one too.

I was on a shark feeding tour in Tahiti back in 2001 (black tip reef sharks) and I came across a big one. The tour guide dove in a tied a rope off to some coral and told all of us the sharks are used to being fed at this same spot everyday and as long as we all stayed on the one side of the rope the sharks would stay on the other and someone on the bat would toss food to them while we all watched. Most of the people were scared and were crowed next to the boat. I wanted the best view so I went out as far out on the rope as I could….Just using one fin to hold the rope and just enough of my snorkel stick out of the water that I could breath.

It was a pretty good view watching the sharks tear it up. I large fish came up to me and just hovered face to face with me. I know everything under water looks closer that in appears but I guaranty I could have reached out and smacked this fish if I wanted to…It was whiteish in color and had some very large gnarly teeth sticking out of its mouth in all kinds of crazy directions. It just swam there in place, face to face with me, for several minutes…I just stared at it. The fish finely decided it was hungry and started bumping the sharks out of the way for the food. It was at that point the diver told us all to get back in the boat. Once I got back in the guide told me I had “balls of stone†to stay in the water with that fish and it was good thing I dint try to touch it.

It was at that point he told me it was a 3'-4' long barracuda that would have torn me up if had the urge too. My only response was why the hell didn’t you signal me to get out of the water. He didn’t want me to make any sudden movements and said he thought I realized that since I was being calm. I told him nope…just a stupid tourist from the desert who never sees water let alone killer fish. That night I saw Barracuda on the menu so I ordered it for dinner just so I could say I ate a fish that almost ate me. The waitress told me not to order it because it’s an acquired taste but I told her the story and how I had to have it. I ate every bite of it…and she was right, it tasted like crap!

That’s a small one too.

I was on a shark feeding tour in Tahiti back in 2001 (black tip reef sharks) and I came across a big one. The tour guide dove in a tied a rope off to some coral and told all of us the sharks are used to being fed at this same spot everyday and as long as we all stayed on the one side of the rope the sharks would stay on the other and someone on the bat would toss food to them while we all watched. Most of the people were scared and were crowed next to the boat. I wanted the best view so I went out as far out on the rope as I could….Just using one fin to hold the rope and just enough of my snorkel stick out of the water that I could breath.

It was a pretty good view watching the sharks tear it up. I large fish came up to me and just hovered face to face with me. I know everything under water looks closer that in appears but I guaranty I could have reached out and smacked this fish if I wanted to…It was whiteish in color and had some very large gnarly teeth sticking out of its mouth in all kinds of crazy directions. It just swam there in place, face to face with me, for several minutes…I just stared at it. The fish finely decided it was hungry and started bumping the sharks out of the way for the food. It was at that point the diver told us all to get back in the boat. Once I got back in the guide told me I had “balls of stone” to stay in the water with that fish and it was good thing I dint try to touch it.

It was at that point he told me it was a 3'-4' long barracuda that would have torn me up if had the urge too. My only response was why the hell didn’t you signal me to get out of the water. He didn’t want me to make any sudden movements and said he thought I realized that since I was being calm. I told him nope…just a stupid tourist from the desert who never sees water let alone killer fish. That night I saw Barracuda on the menu so I ordered it for dinner just so I could say I ate a fish that almost ate me. The waitress told me not to order it because it’s an acquired taste but I told her the story and how I had to have it. I ate every bite of it…and she was right, it tasted like crap!

you're one lucky summ of a fish. :laugh:

Good thing he saw it when he did. Looks like the fish was heading right for him. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Back