Talk about a good weekend.

ditchdr

Registered
Spent the weekend doing yard work. Not my own but for customers.. Started out by spending all Saturday getting a lawn cleaned of pine straw and oak leaves.. As I am getting the last of the 48 bags of stuff to the curb she come out and asks if I could mulch the flower beds around the trees in the back as well as the flower beds in the front.. I say sure, but I cant get to it today.. I give her a price and she was very happy with it.. On the way back to the house I stop by the landscape supply place and order 4 truck loads of red cedar mulch to be dropped off.. Blew my mind that they said they will have it there by 7am Sunday morning.. So go over there Sunday get all the much put in, and collect payment.

Next is yet another leaf rake and bag job. Only I have my wife and kid with me today. it takes us about 4 hours to get this one done. We get all the bags to the street when the neighbor comes up wanting us to do just his front yard. I give him a price he pays me cash on the spot.. 30 min later were almost done bagging leaves on his house..

All in all it was a good weekend, got a lot of work done, made a good bit of cash, (had to pay the wife tho) and we all got some sun.. What blew my mind is how well Jessica did, she was a trooper, never once slowing down, just kept right on trucking through it all. I did not get pics as i did not have my camera,, But I have to go mow all the lawns next week I will see if I can then..

Last edited:
I love people like you,, you out source it and I do it lol.. This weekend was the Bridge Run as well as the Flower town Fest, and the Cajun Fest. Not a good weekend for ridding, out census usualy goes up by 500K this weekend

Pretty soon she will be in charge an telling you what to do, oh and taking you money too. :laugh:

Congrats for doing what you have to do to take care of your family.

I worked in the yard all weekend too...there isn't a part of my body that doesn't hurt and I never even got to the mulching part :laugh:

Under tornado warnings here right now; guess my mulch won't be delivered today :banghead:

Back