Tail Riser Kit, any feedback ?

Armoni76

Registered
Hi,
I'm looking into Tail Riser Kit for my Gen3 and before making an order, I'd like to know if anyone has ever tried this kind of kit ?
If yes, please share your feedback.
Cheers,
Romain

kit-de-rehausse-hyperpro-suzuki-gsx-r-1300-hayabusa-99-07.jpg

For the Gen 2, the 1" riser kit is as good a cheap, simple-to-install upgrade as you will find. The Busa is delivered with a balanced weight distribution and that makes the front a bit of a wander. Raising the rear moves the bias forward and makes a difference in solid feeling in the front end. A couple of things if you don't know: 1) the bolts on these dog bones had white lock tight from the factory and I needed a breaker bar on the wrench to loosen them - loosen them before lifting the bike. Pushing the wheel up loosens the binding on the bolts and they slide out easier. Be sure all these parts are installed correctly and tightened to spec - there have been cases of the frame tabs snapping off.

200528 Haybusa Article.jpg

For the Gen 2, the 1" riser kit is as good a cheap, simple-to-install upgrade as you will find. The Busa is delivered with a balanced weight distribution and that makes the front a bit of a wander. Raising the rear moves the bias forward and makes a difference in solid feeling in the front end. A couple of things if you don't know: 1) the bolts on these dog bones had white lock tight from the factory and I needed a breaker bar on the wrench to loosen them - loosen them before lifting the bike. Pushing the wheel up loosens the binding on the bolts and they slide out easier. Be sure all these parts are installed correctly and tightened to spec - there have been cases of the frame tabs snapping off.
It's a good thing, right ? Not sure to fully understand the article. Thanks for sharing though

Haven't installed mine yet, but I bought the raising links from soupy's that are adjustable. The instructions say not to mess with the locking nuts as the two bars are matched at 1 inch more than stock ( which will apparently raise your license plate1.25 in off the ground). I'm going to install them when I bump up to a190/55 tire. And then if it's too much, start lowering the links and tune it to where it's perfect.

Not sure about putting my new chain on at the same time as I want the wheelbase shorter rather than long, and I think you have options for number of chain links depending on where you want the rear axle. As well, tuning with different link length will probably require chain tension adjustment. Totally doable, but I'm just not super clear on the dynamics yet.

The only downside is they're a little heavier than stock, so once I know my perfect raising link length, maybe have some made from billet. If an inch longer is perfect, then I will feel dumb for having bought the heavier adjusting links...

Back