Tail of the dragon

(chrisarrington @ Aug. 07 2007,15:40)
(dolilind @ Aug. 06 2007,18:42) How does the Gap police feel about axle mounted tags?
The isnt enuff room under my bike to put the tag back in the correct place
You will get a ticket if they see it.
What if it is not illegal in the state you are from?

I hasn't mattered to them so far. I think I heard one guy get told if he fixed it by court time they would drop the ticket but they would still hit you for court costs. And if you are from out of town you probably wouldn't come back to the court date and just pay it. I think that is what they are banking on.

(BlueHaya @ Aug. 07 2007,20:34)
(chrisarrington @ Aug. 07 2007,15:40)
(dolilind @ Aug. 06 2007,18:42) How does the Gap police feel about axle mounted tags?
The isnt enuff room under my bike to put the tag back in the correct place
You will get a ticket if they see it.
What if it is not illegal in the state you are from?
It doesn't seem to matter to the THP...they are using it as a gateway offense so they can pull you over and check licenses, insurance, and registration.

I have heard that some people are getting ticketed.
rock.gif

Screw it and go sowhere else. Let them sit and start pulling over cars. Lost business for the store keepers. Best thing is just stay away.

As has been said somewhere in another post, the places suffering the worst are in North Carolina. Obviously the TN State Troopers aren't real concerned how they feel. Robbinsville, NC derives a lot of money from motorcycles at the Dragon.

(Ninja Eater @ Aug. 08 2007,14:53) Screw it and go sowhere else.   Let them sit and start pulling over cars.  Lost business for the store keepers.  Best thing is just stay away.
The businesses that benefit from gap tourism are generally in North Carolina. TN don't care. The road in Tennessee is bordered by the Smokey Mountains National Park on one side and Little Tennessee river on the other. No place for business to locate.
rock.gif

Back