T-Rex stands

TXBusa05LE

Registered
Can someone w/  a rear T-Rex stand post a pic or tell me how the heck you get it to work w/ the spools?

The right side keeps getting hung up on the brake caliper.  

I've managed to scar up the frame & caliper w/ this piece of crap!

You can see the universal part on the rear stand. This is what hangs up.

guns.gif

1.jpg

I ended up cutting the pad thing off as I was having trouble too.

pic will come shortly headed to the garage..

(DR1300R @ Jun. 21 2007,06:25) I ended up cutting the pad thing off as I was having trouble too.

pic will come shortly headed to the garage..
Thanks! I'll check back later. I have to leave for work!

I feel better now.

Cut off the right side frame mount, put washers inside my spools to get a little more clearance, bent the stand’s hooks out so they don’t hit the frame & hammered down the screws so they don’t hit the brake caliper.

T-Rex stands worth it for the Busa? Not IMHO.

Hey any slight modification for a stand at that price is a no brainer.
I'm buying these stands. Has anybody had any problems with the tripletree stand?

I have that exact same setup and have never had a problem. Well, I have almost never had a problem. It is difficult to get the bike up on the stand with it leaning on the side stand (This is when I hit the brake caliper). I use the grab bar to hold my bike parallel and place the T-Rex Stand onto the spools and lift. I have it adjusted where the ruber pieces fit snug up against the rear tire for extra support. It works great with my Vortex spools. Try this and you should be fine.

(weeda70 @ Jun. 21 2007,20:28) I have that exact same setup and have never had a problem.  Well, I have almost never had a problem.  It is difficult to get the bike up on the stand with it leaning on the side stand (This is when I hit the brake caliper).  I use the grab bar to hold my bike parallel and place the T-Rex Stand onto the spools and lift.  I have it adjusted where the ruber pieces fit snug up against the rear tire for extra support.  It works great with my Vortex spools.  Try this and you should be fine.
I put a 2x4 under the kickstand.Make it alot easier.

(Luvanicebum @ Jun. 21 2007,19:39) Hey any slight modification for a stand at that price is a no brainer.  
I'm buying these stands.  Has anybody had any problems with the tripletree stand?
I read the fairing has to be removed for the T-REX tripletree stand.That's just what I read.

I will have to try the 2x4 method. I know the rear stand works great if the bike is parallel. I just use the front stand under the forks in tandem with the rear stand. The bike is pretty stable sitting this way. I have never used the triple tree atachment.

I cut the pad off too. You have to keep in mind that stands are not built to be bike-specific. That means you may have to do modifications to make the stand work for you. For the price, you can't beat them, even if you do have to mod them a little. If you have the spools, what do you need the swingarm pads for anyway? it's just one more thing that could scratch your bike.

2x4 here, works great.

I just get off the bike with one hand on the hump to keep pressure towards the kickstand, and hold it while I pick up the bike. Then do the same while lowering bike, no problems.

Not to jack, but can you buy a triple attachment for the regular front stand?

(Shibumi @ Jun. 22 2007,10:21) 2x4 here, works great.

I just get off the bike with one hand on the hump to keep pressure towards the kickstand, and hold it while I pick up the bike. Then do the same while lowering bike, no problems.

Not to jack, but can you buy a triple attachment for the regular front stand?
I beleive the triple attachment works with the front stand.

Back