Synth. Oil Conversion On 16 Busa

Aaron Fox

Registered
I am ready for first oil change, I see lots of members run synth. oil. I am leaning this way as long as there is no clutch issues known by members. Open for input. thank you

Amsoil. I've used it since new on my 06 which has over 65,000 miles (original clutch) and in many other bikes, also with high mileage, including air cooled six cylinder CBXs, one with 106,000 when I sold it. My 79 CBX is nearing 70,000 and has never had the head off. The clutch has over 35,000 on it. All have had wet clutches and none of them slipped. Good stuff.

Any JASO rated oil is ok in the bird . Never run it low is most important , and everything else is what flavor you think your bike likes.
Along with how much cash you care to part with . Engines like in my avatar ( very much like a busa motor ) have well over 100,000 miles with Rotela white jug from wallmart 15/40 . Many hayabusa owners run it also 13.95 a gallon on sale , and JASO rated .
After 60,000 miles running it in my ZRX motor on tear down for big bore build all parts were in spec / looked very good .
Only you can decide . Blackstone labs can test your oil after being run , and give you info for you to make a better educated decision
without getting 50,000 opinions .

Rings seat better with conventional oil, more friction.
I always gave a new bike 2500 miles before switching to synthetic. And I break them in hard, no babying the thing for 500 miles.

Once it's broke in, THEN go to full syn. And as previously recommended, Amsoil. I put it in everything I own. Yukon, Jeep, 2 bikes, waverunner, etc etc etc.

Once it's broke in, THEN go to full syn. And as previously recommended, Amsoil. I put it in everything I own. Yukon, Jeep, 2 bikes, waverunner, etc etc etc.
Another oil thread.:popcorn:

These folks make good oil, but not the best as they save a little money on their additives needed for viscosity retainment.

Thinking you can't run in a new engine with Synthetic is a myth. You don't have to believe me, neither them. Do as you please. During the life of your bike you will probably never do enough miles to wear out the motor with using only Dino oil anyway.

http://www.mobil1.co.uk/learning-centre/synthetics-lab/myths-about-synthetics.aspx

http://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/educa...6b2lsLzIwMTZuZXdzbGV0dGVyLz9sb2NhbGU9ZW5fdXM=

http://www.amsoil.com/frequent.aspx

Last edited:
I never said that you couldn't run synthetic oil from new, and many new engines come with it.
I said that rings seat better with conventional.
It's also not always mileage that does in an engine. It's heat, aka, accelerated excessive wear.
Especially in a high rpm engine. Full syntheic oil will still be working when conventional has cooked to ash.
Not everything in reality works as it does on paper.

I never said that you couldn't run synthetic oil from new, and many new engines come with it.
I said that rings seat better with conventional.
It's also not always mileage that does in an engine. It's heat, aka, accelerated excessive wear.
Especially in a high rpm engine. Full syntheic oil will still be working when conventional has cooked to ash.
Not everything in
reality works as it does on paper.
Who said you did?
Over the years there have been a ton of oil threads here on the board. They always end the same.

Back