Swingarm Extentions..who to buy from?

gfunko

Registered
I am set to buy swingarm extensions for a 4-6inch stretch. Just not sure who to get it from...All Things Chrome, FTD Customs, Tobefast.com, RoaringToyz...I mean, I know these are all reputable companies. I do like the fact FTD allows you get to get the chain and brake line all in one purchase

Wanted to see what you guys think or if you have any other suggestions or experiences to share

I do not run extensions on my bike, but have several club members who do. I have had my hands on a couple of different brands and of those I have handled, FTD is by far and away the most impressive. Their extensions have more materials between the tang (the part that slides into the factory swingarm) and the chanin adjustment pockets. The less material you have here, the more likely it is develop cracks and/or fail over time. FTD also has the benefit of a lifetime warranty and being made in the USA.

Here is an image for clarification; Roaring Toyz extensions on the top, FTD on the bottom. The space between the lines is area that I was referencing above. As you can plainly see, FTD builds their extensions with a significantly larger amount of material in this area.

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way, shape, or form associated with FTD customs. Ideally, if you want a longer wheel base, you should pony up the cash for fully custom extended swingarm. However, if you are going to use extensions, it is paramount to get parts that are going to be strong enough to handle the abuse that will be thrown at them. I can't think of a worse part to fail at highway speeds than the swingarm/extensions.

compare.jpg

I had the Roaring Toyz on mine for two years and put about 6,500 miles on them before switching to a 240 kit. I liked them. Never had an issue and they did exactly what I needed them to do.

If U plan on keeping your bike and have no intentions on getting rid of it just save up $$$ for a little while longer and do it right.... buy an extended arm from a reputable company. they look better, are lighter, and IMO a smart investment 4 future mods on your bike :beerchug:

If U plan on keeping your bike and have no intentions on getting rid of it just save up $$$ for a little while longer and do it right.... buy an extended arm from a reputable company. they look better, are lighter, and IMO a smart investment 4 future mods on your bike :beerchug:

Definitely right. That was an option as well. Since I really only want to do a 6 over stretch I really only considered the extentions. Priced out a swingarm only at roaringtoyz and it was 1149.99, which isn't all that bad to be honest.

For that price stick with a performance swingarm from a company like DME or Mcintosh etc. Their arms are on 400+HP busa's hammering it down a track on a weekly basis and they hold up without fail. Not to mention if you ever plan on going with a turbo or nitrous setup their arms can be built 2 hold Nos bottles, built in air tanks, etc.

agreed i wouldnt run extentions...unless it was a stock street only and not more then 4 inch

Back