Swingarm extensions

300Busa

Chillaxin...
Donating Member
Registered
<table style=filter:glow(color=red)>What are the pro's and con's of putting swingarm extensions on instead of replacing the entire swingarm? It is alot cheaper to do the extensions, that is why I was thinking of going that route.</table>

How much work is it to do this mod? I just want it for looks. I don't do any hard core drag racing, just the occasional race at the stop light.

I haven't streched mine yet, but I'm planning to do it over the winter for next year's racing season. I've seen quite a few at the track. The bolt on extentions work just a well as a whole new swingarm, but don't look as nice. I think it would be an easy mod to do. You would need a new chain.

It's real easy to do extensions. Hardest part is getting the old chain off, and the new one cut and put on. I did mine mostly for looks too.

To me, it doesn't handle all that differently, although I don't drag knees or anything. I lowered and stretched mine in one afternoon.

Before:
post-6-73350-before.jpg

After:
post-6-73411-after.jpg

If you do get extensions, make sure you get good ones. I reccommend Exotic Cycle or Spencer. You'll have to lower the rear a little if you do it though.

Good luck!

Back