Swing arm !!!

Bigdawg76

Registered
I have a Gen II k8 and I’m thinking about extending the swing arm with some extensions. My reason for doing this is more for the looks. I have never really liked the way the gen II tail looks with the rear wheel. IMO it resembles the look of a dog with his tail tucked between his legs:laugh:. I just want the curves of the tail to flow better with the rear wheel. Looks like it needs to come out a few inches just to look better under the tail. So I need help on what length to go with. I don’t drag but may want to. Haven’t done the twisties but also may want to. On top of that I do like to bring the front wheel up from time to time. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

PS... Are extensions safe for wheeling?

For everything you are looking for I would say go out to 4" over. It won't be too long for everyday driving an you should still be able to pull the front wheel up with it. You can go up to about 5.5" over before you start rubbing through the plastic undertail.

My k9 is 6" over, lowered 1" up front, on 4th hole of 5 hole links and doesn't rub even when my finance braves it n hops on the back. My rear spring is stiff though

If you want wheelies, don't extend it! However if you want some extensions, I happen to have a set of roaring toys, used for about 2 weeks, sell for $150 shipped. ???

7-9 inch stretch would be perfect. Look at my bike in my sig, that is 9" over stock. My buddy with a gen 2 just did the 9" stretch as well, and it is just as far back and looks amazing. He can even still ride first gear wheelies. And for a brake line, check out Core Moto. Their brake line are amazing. Fully customizable for colors and colored parts for your particular brake line. Price is great as well.

Looks good extended.. just looks too far for me at 9 inches..Im with fiend..4 over max good luck either way ya go bro:thumbsup:

ssg_petty_210 said:
7-9 inch stretch would be perfect. Look at my bike in my sig, that is 9" over stock. My buddy with a gen 2 just did the 9" stretch as well, and it is just as far back and looks amazing. He can even still ride first gear wheelies. And for a brake line, check out Core Moto. Their brake line are amazing. Fully customizable for colors and colored parts for your particular brake line. Price is great as well.

Has your buddy tore his taillight out yet? It's bound to happen if he is still running a stock tail.

When it's extended that far your tail light is right over the tire. Unless you run a stiff suspension the light will hit the tire and eventually either rub through the light or possibly end up tearing up your tail section if it gets enough leverage to do so

If you want wheelies, don't extend it! However if you want some extensions, I happen to have a set of roaring toys, used for about 2 weeks, sell for $150 shipped. ???

Thanks but I wont be ready to buy for a couple of weeks. Ill check back with u and if u still have them I would be intrested. Thanks

I originally wanted to go with a small 4 inch stretch and its seems like thats what I should do. As far as the wheelies, Im not a master at it. I just like to play with it a lil in first gear. Not able to hold it really long nor do I wish to. I know that the handling will be affected but does anybody know by how much it will be affected. Maybe someone with a similar stretch. Im not lowering it, since Im a big guy i lower it everytime i sit on it.:laugh:. Thanks for all the help guys

When I had the extensions on sitting about 6 back, to me the handling was still manageable. I probably ride much harder in the twisties than the normal busa owner though. The busa will turn if you make it! You will notice it, but it won't be ridiculous. I'm 12 back now, and I definitely know it!! NO BUENO!! :laugh:

BUSSAAA.jpg

When I had the extensions on sitting about 6 back, to me the handling was still manageable. I probably ride much harder in the twisties than the normal busa owner though. The busa will turn if you make it! You will notice it, but it won't be ridiculous. I'm 12 back now, and I definitely know it!! NO BUENO!! :laugh:

Thanks, this helps put me at easy since i prob dont ride nearly as aggresive as u do so my lil 4 inch strech should work fine.

Is that picture you posted with the +6 extensions on it?

Is that picture you posted with the +6 extensions on it?

HAHA, no, not quite that crazy! :laugh:
SWB in that pic.
Although, I'm pretty confident that it could be done if the bike wasn't lowered with the extensions on it.
I obviously ride other bikes in the twisties now, and the Busa is for the average cruise and leaning towards a full drag bike future.

Back