swing arm swap

metric03

Registered
I'm swapping out my swingarm for a powdered one does any body have any hints on how to support the bike while I do the swap?

standard tie downs hooked from your garage rafters to the grab bar.

Probably the simplest and cheapest route

im in the middle of doin mine right now and i just put a couple of jack stands under the bike on the sides of the oil pan and used a front stand for more stability. i did it all my self with no problem just be careful not to jerk anything to hard while tightening. there are also a lot of threads on the subject just type in swingarm removal in your search.

If you do not have any stands. Take your belly wing off and put a pair of jackstands on the cross bar at the bolt/frame mounting points.  This cross bar at the bolt mounting points is where you would connect the suzuki center stand. Then take a 6 ft 2X4 and put eye hooks in it on both sides of the front tire. Park your front tire on the 2X4 and strap your lower triple straight down to the eye hooks this will help secure wobble. Just loosen (crack loose) your swing arm pivot bolt before setting your bike up as it takes some force to get it going, and do the final tighten aftr you get her back on the kickstand.

I will be doing this same thing this weekend.....I planned on using the support bar and a floor jack....and I was going to build a make-shift front stand...

Back