Suzuki tank bra question ?

tlronny

Registered
I am just installing the Suzuki tank bra and was wondering if the side tabs are meant to be that loose under the tank - seems a bit flimsy to me ?
Why didnt they have elastic straps like on the front ?
Or am I missing summit !

03busa.jpg

I noticed that on mine too. I just put it on 2 days ago but I am thinking I am taking it back and maybe getting one from second look. They have some nice looking ones.

First of all sweet bike. I too have the tank bra and what I've had to do is bend those tabs leaving a space of only 1-1.5 inches and kinda forcing it beneath the tank. Even after all this they eventually loosen again. I like bill will be taking it off soon, as it's taking away from the paint job and it's getting annoying. Good luck.

The Tabs should be metl and I am thinking you are supposed to just bend them into position a little bit. But yeah, they do not fit all that snug.

Second look is certainly a better product and at $100+ it better be... Suzuki Bra plain or the Carbon one costs all of about $28. So it's a cheap effective way to protect your paint.

The bra I bought from Suzuki has clips like yours has at the top in ALL THREE positions and fits awesome.  I think it is the '04 model.

Sweet bike, tlronny! I just ordered the one, Let 'er Eat, is talking about and hope it fits as good as his.

i like the suzuki bra. but,suzuki placed the bottom metal tabs in line with the gas tank rubber frame cushions.I dont want to put the bra tabs under those rubber cushions so i did not use them.thinking of changing to a carbon stick on protector

Do you have the Carbon look one? I have it and it's flimsey. However, my buddy has the regular one and it fits alot better.

<span style='color:royalblue'>No - its the standard one.
After about a month I see that its still a bit "wrinkly" - wondering how guys get that stretched tight look ??</span>

i have the carbon look on mine and it has the plastic tabs. hell of alot easier install and it fits like a glove. i had the one you are talkin about on my 2000 and yeah it sucked, i dont think they makem like that anymore(with the metal clips) so it may be leftover from years ago. my 2004 looks great with the carbon.

Back