Suspension + Swingarm recommendations?

Bluesun

Registered
Greetings all!

I have a RCC stage 2 3rd gen, and as you can probably imagine the OEM rear shock is not up to the task of handling ~350 hp. I can't give the bike full throttle until 4th gear because it wheelies so bad in 3rd, and you can just feel the rear shock kinda give up. I'm convinced I should probably lower it and maybe extend it a couple of inches, but I'm really trying to avoid the stretched-out look. I really like the ground clearance and overall driveability of it, so I'd like to retain as much of that as possible.

In terms of my uses for it -- some casual roll racing, but mostly just ripping around town and using it as a daily as long as the weather is nice.

Does anyone have any recommendations on setups? I'm pretty green to suspension changes, so please treat me like a newbie.

Thanks all! Hope y'all are surviving winter alright.

1705802897467.jpeg

1705802566445.jpeg

Last edited:
Look up Suspension Sag
and Dave Moss
That will explain what you need to do.
An aftermarket rear shock will improve it, but the stock suspension needs set up regardless, including the forks, as the front and rear work together.
Keeping the front wheel down with 350hp will still not be easy.

350hp at stock ride height and wheelbase is baller, but its frankly a recipe for disaster. A new shock is never a bad idea, but no shock is going to magically erase what you describe. Might want to soften the tune at lower RPM or start thinking about stretching and lowering it. Does the Gen 3 not have wheelie control?

Look up Suspension Sag
and Dave Moss
That will explain what you need to do.
An aftermarket rear shock will improve it, but the stock suspension needs set up regardless, including the forks, as the front and rear work together.
Keeping the front wheel down with 350hp will still not be easy.
Thank you! I'll start pulling on this thread and see what I find!

350hp at stock ride height and wheelbase is baller, but its frankly a recipe for disaster. A new shock is never a bad idea, but no shock is going to magically erase what you describe. Might want to soften the tune at lower RPM or start thinking about stretching and lowering it. Does the Gen 3 not have wheelie control?
OEM ECU has wheelie control, but MaxxECU only has traction control ... which is sorta wheelie control, but only notices differences btwn front and rear wheel speeds, so you can imagine how much you can wheelie before that happens.

Tbh I kinda love the roudiness of the stock wheel base, but the shock just feels so squishy under power.

I do actually have boost-by-gear and by RPM, and because the wheelies are such an issue I don't get full boost until the very top of 3rd -- but even then it wheelies badly. E85 especially is an absolute handful / blast.

Back