Suspension set-up

mwickins

Registered
Help - my 99 Busa's too sloppy in the bends. Feels far too soft on the front end. Does anyone know where to get information on setting it up for my weight (a hefty 210 lbs!!). I never ride on the track but am a fast road rider and I need this sorting out ASAP.

Am going on a tour with a couple of mates on Blades and am concerned they'll lose me in the corners!!

I have a buddy running this with good results:

Front
Preload 2.5 lines showing
Compression Out 2 clicks
Rebound Out 2 clicks

Rear
Preload 1.25inches of sag
Compression Out 5 clicks
Rebound Out 7 clicks

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0402_susp/index.html

too many factors to have 1 preset for all riders 210lb.... everyone rides differently, something very aggressive may not work for you (riding conditions, or just you don't like how it would feel).

this article should at least give you some good ideas of what each setting does... also there is a sticky in one of the forum that explains it very well as well!

BEFORE YOU START ADJUSTING ANYTHING:

Write down ALL your current settings first so you have a baseline of where you started.

Count the clicks as you go all the way in on each of the compression and damping front and rear. Then back them back out to the original setting.

Count your lines showing on the front preload.

Mark your rear preload/spring setting. You will likely be tightening to stiffen the rear, so mark the threads on top of the collar with a magic marker.

This way you can always put it back to exactly how it is today and you'll be able to salvage it if you get all mis adjusted.

Also: Write down changes you make as you go. Trust me when I say you will forget exactly what you changed if this is your first time.

Like SpeedGeek said, write down what you have now.

Then set-up your ride height properly.    Also called setting your sag.

The front springs are too soft for aggressive cornering, but you can get close with the stock springs.

Back