superbike and last race of the season

shawnski

Donating Member
Registered
hey guys tomorrow is the last race of the season and spies on the pole but second in points to haga and haga starts 10th, so what do you think is going to happen? it will be sweet spies captures the championship on his rookie season going to motogp next year.

GO BEN!:thumbsup:

That would be awesome. AMA, World Superbike and soon to be Moto GP Champion. Watch out Rossi. Elbowz is comin'!:laugh:

Things can change on race day, but Haga definitly has his work cut out for him starting from 10th on the grid. He has to beat Ben in at least 1 race and finish no farther back than 1 position behind Spies to get the championship. I figure Ben will probably get it, providing he doesn't have a disaster.
As for MotoGP, we'll see. WSBK champions don't have too good of a track record in MotoGP. Even Bayliss only won 1 race (as a fill in rider). Toseland and Vermeulen have been pack fodder to say the least, and are now returning to WSBK with their tails between their legs. CEII is the only WSBK rider to make half way good in MotoGP.
Rossi will probably be gone after 2010, but that sure doesn't mean anything about racing in MotoGP will become easy. Rossi, Stoner, Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Melandri and Hairball with Gresini in 2010. And 2011, the same bunch minus Vale, with Hairball as Pedrosa's team mate, we'll see what Mr. Spies can do.
I wish him the best.. he'll need it.

Things can change on race day, but Haga definitly has his work cut out for him starting from 10th on the grid. He has to beat Ben in at least 1 race and finish no farther back than 1 position behind Spies to get the championship. I figure Ben will probably get it, providing he doesn't have a disaster.
As for MotoGP, we'll see. WSBK champions don't have too good of a track record in MotoGP. Even Bayliss only won 1 race (as a fill in rider). Toseland and Vermeulen have been pack fodder to say the least, and are now returning to WSBK with their tails between their legs. CEII is the only WSBK rider to make half way good in MotoGP.
Rossi will probably be gone after 2010, but that sure doesn't mean anything about racing in MotoGP will become easy. Rossi, Stoner, Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Melandri and Hairball with Gresini in 2010. And 2011, the same bunch minus Vale, with Hairball as Pedrosa's team mate, we'll see what Mr. Spies can do.
I wish him the best.. he'll need it.

i agree with you on motogp, it seems to be different world and class . i guess will see.

I think Haga will take the SBK Title next year. Remember, Ducati won the Manufactory Title HANDS DOWN, this year and without Spies, Haga would have won the Title by a Mile. Spies partner (anybody know his name :laugh: ) wasn't able to do anything with the bike.

MotoGp, don't forget Stoner, he's won every race he was in after coming back. Was out of 3 Races, and still is going to be 3 rd in the Standings :beerchug:

I think Haga will take the SBK Title next year. Remember, Ducati won the Manufactory Title HANDS DOWN, this year and without Spies, Haga would have won the Title by a Mile. Spies partner (anybody know his name :laugh: ) wasn't able to do anything with the bike.

MotoGp, don't forget Stoner, he's won every race he was in after coming back. Was out of 3 Races, and still is going to be 3 rd in the Standings :beerchug:

good points :thumbsup: i saw haga's reaction yesterday and he looked pretty disappointed!

good points :thumbsup: i saw haga's reaction yesterday and he looked pretty disappointed!

Yeah, he had a BAD case of the Flu :down: !!! Also remember, he's had a horrible year physically with his crashes and all

Next Year !!! Go Haga :cheerleader:

I am happy for Spies, not happy Yam got it.
I still cant get over Suzuki letting Spies get away, they (Suzuki) hardly even exist in WSBK or Moto GP and they could have used his talents over there...

I cant wait for Rossi to start complaining when that Tech3 'non factory' team starts whipping his factory ride!

Suzuki hasn't done anything since the Kevin Schwantz era of 93' !
Prediction, Rossi will switch teams for 2010, big call, but I'm laying on the line !

I like how after the race he said Thanks Yamaha. I love winning bets on T.V.:laugh:
Spies can win on anything.

Courtesy of Onthethrottle dot com, Ben Spies' personal website SPEEZRACING dot com and Jonathan Green (WSBK commentator) SpeedGreen productions

Last edited by a moderator:
Spies partner (anybody know his name :laugh: ) wasn't able to do anything with the bike.

I think you're referring to Brit Tom Sykes? Who also raced for Suzuki in BSB prior to coming to Yamaha.

Back